'The Chariot' when representing a person physically?

nisaba

I think Chariot is confident, in charge and can be good leaders, managers and CEO's. They also take up duty very well and can balance some unpleasant duties and responsibilities with fun. I think Chariot has something karmicly victorious about them. They are one step ahead, more like the natural leaders that also have the gift to inspire and motivate others. Talking about appearance, they have a likability factor, which means the appearance is as inspiring and pleasant as some personality traits. I don't know astrology but Cancer descriptions suits Chariot, from what I've experienced the Chariot to come up in my readings. Sometimes Chariot can have a negative meaning in a way that the person can have a tendency to rule others and order them around. As a partner, he would be "in charge" probably and sometimes could even probably feel "too cold and too busy to understand". However I think this shadowy side is unconscious and Chariot is a good willing personage.

<smile> This proves my point: this is all about qualities of character and gives no indication of appearance.

prudence

I think tarot can give you an idea of what someone looks like. I have had the world as short and round, like a little ball, and the tower as incrediably tall...I would say the chariot was a bit stocky, not fat, but solid, probably 5'10-6' for a guy, and he walks erect, no stooping. Could also indicate someone in a wheelchair mind you.

These are great! I love it when tarot works like this. I would have to agree about a Chariot person's appearance may point to physically fit, strong arms and strong legs...just looking at the Charioteer's posture, he'd certainly need to have muscular arms and legs.

I would also think along the lines of someone in uniform, military especially.

momentarylight

I think that tarot reflects more qualities of character than physical attributes and appearance.

I have always associated the VII Chariot as having strong will and determination.

Reading with interest the impressions of others about physical qualities they perceive in the image I smiled when some mentioned physical fitness and strength.

Y'know, the guy is in a chariot being drawn by horses. This could also reflect that he is in a wheelchair, that he can't walk independently :).

Of course, this doesn't mean he is not strong, just that he might have a physical disability.

I don't think that tarot images usually reflect physical attributes, but that is merely my preference.

prudence

Reading with interest the impressions of others about physical qualities they perceive in the image I smiled when some mentioned physical fitness and strength.

Y'know, the guy is in a chariot being drawn by horses. This could also reflect that he is in a wheelchair, that he can't walk independently :).

It takes a lot of strength to manage one horse pulling a two wheeled chariot, while standing, let alone two horses. :laugh: Strong arms and legs. But I can also see a case for someone who may be in a wheel chair in regards to the original question asked ie what would be the physical appearance of someone as described by the Chariot card?

Whether or not people think tarot is suited for this kind of question, or whether it is important (as opposed to trivial) to want to know someone's physical appearance, as has been mentioned or implied a number of times throughout this thread, could be a topic for a new thread devoted to such a discussion. Clearly there are a lot of differing thoughts/opinions around this. :)

Tiddles

I've definitely had Tarot cards describe physical attributes of people. Sometimes in a downright bawdy manner that has made me lmao. Since your spread had a position for appearance - then i think that's how you should read the Chariot, but given that the gilded's Chariot card is a woman, and you're looking for a man....lol...maybe you need a clarification card! I disagree with some of the others that appearance is too trivial Tarot, and there's a big soapbox in this thread.

Talitha

I've definitely had Tarot cards describe physical attributes of people. Sometimes in a downright bawdy manner that has made me lmao. Since your spread had a position for appearance - then i think that's how you should read the Chariot, but given that the gilded's Chariot card is a woman, and you're looking for a man....lol...maybe you need a clarification card!

I've been to a Psychic Tarot reader who has accurately described a person's physical appearance on more than one occasion, sometimes accompanied by their first or last initial. :)

Now had this card not come up in the position regarding the person's appearance, then indeed I would be inclined to interpret the Chariot as representing the character of the person (Strength came up for that). And although Gilded does depict a woman riding the Chariot, it is being pulled by two (male) Sphinxes, which I thought was interesting. ;)

I disagree with some of the others that appearance is too trivial Tarot, and there's a big soapbox in this thread.

I agree. Because I am learning Tarot, this is a spread I followed which had a position for 'appearance'. It's something I hadn't encountered before, so my question was about the interpretation of the card itself. I'm not actually "concerned" about what the person will look like, since I can only be instantly attracted to someone whom I find visually/physically appealing to begin with, which is perfectly natural and normal. :)