Yods?

prudence

Hi

OI have been trying to figure out if there are yods in my natal chart....have looked at lots of sites, but they seem to show mostly "wider" ones. There look to be a few yods in my chart, but as they are very narrow and pointy, I am unsure if that is what they are.

An example is the one between my venus, and my sun, that seems to point at my jupiter. There is a similar one from venus, sun, down to my saturn. (these are both blue lined ones) Then there are some that are red lined, do they count or not?

Thanks for any help!! :D

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...d=nutfileD7EGqW-u1126159630&lang=e&gm=a1&ast=

isthmus nekoi

I don't think so - a yod has to have two green dotted lines and a short blue one - two inconjuncts and a sextile.

dadsnook2000

Loose Yods, maybe

You might want to stretch it a bit in terms of orbs -- if you do, then check out Saturn inconjunct Neptune and inconjunct Uranus. These are four degree aspects, generally a little wide for an inconjunct -- one or one and a half degrees seems more reasonable.

Yods are interesting aspects -- I have one from Saturn to Mars and Mercury. Whenever it is activated I tend to write or take on a creative project. Saturn is in the 10th, Mars in the 3rd, Mercury in the 5th. In fact, every major advancement I've had career-wise has resulted form research or studies or reports that I've generated when that yod was triggered.

Yod's are also mid-point structures, hence their power to prompt us towards some action. It usually involves a struggle or an effort or adjustment, the need to change and/or rediscover something in a way that was different from prior experience. Yods are not T-Squares, but they do have an impact in many charts that is easy to see. Dave

prudence

thanks a bunch, Isthmus and Dave!! :) I was going at it in a purely "is that the right shape" - manner, without looking at degrees etc.

Are there no aspect lines drawn, for the loose orb one you pointed out, Dave, due to the looseness of the orb? (I wouldn't have noticed it, since, unlike the one I thought I saw, from sun, venus, to neptune, there are no lines)...Thanks again!

isthmus nekoi

Astrid, you can get astro.com to use bigger orbs by using the extended charts link; you'll get a lot more lines that way :) I find astro.com's default orbs too loose for my taste though.

wizzle

Venus sextile saturn and both inconjunct uranus looks pretty yod-y to me. And since it involves two personal planets and only one outter planet, that's the one I'd look at instead of a yod with 2 outter planets. Also, the orbs are pretty good .

Myself, I only read outter planets as "personal" in a scope if they aspect a light or the ascendant. However, if you have always had a lot of eccentricity, change, excitement, ambivalence (from saturn) etc. in your relationships, then I think this yod might be active for you. I'd read this yod as "just when I thought I understood so and so, he goes and does something unexpected." This annoys your Saturn who wants stability and hates the changes Uranus brings.

Your sun/venus inconjunct jupiter is definetly not a yod. Think of a yod as a dousing rod with the two planets in sextile as the "handles" and the planet they both aspect by 150 degrees as the "pointer". That's a yod. It's energy is usually apparent at the "pointer" through the planet's nature and house.

dadsnook2000

Wizzle

Quote: Think of a yod as a dousing rod with the two planets in sextile as the "handles" and the planet they both aspect by 150 degrees as the "pointer". That's a yod. It's energy is usually apparent at the "pointer" through the planet's nature and house. End Quote

Wizzle you are so right. Tight orbs, an emaphsis on personal planets, and a focus of expression on the mid-point planet. There is so much happening in every chart that it really is a distraction and a disservice to read aspects with loose orbs and to use minor aspects unless they are very tight and personal.

Dave.