How the cards feel.

BRaptor

Ok, when I heard this from my friends, I thought they were "nuts." Now, however, I've experienced it myself. When I took my cards out today, I felt an "external" happiness (as if the cards were happy to see me). They just wanted to be shuffled (over and over). Well, I had a big question and shuffled them a bit (following my ritual) and threw a spread(not important which one). The reading was ambiguous, but quite negative.

Now for the crazy part. I think my cards are mad at me. Am I personifying them too much, or are there others that believe the same? I feel kind of embarrassed about saying such a thing, I'm extremely scientific and didn't believe it myself, but now it feels undeniable. Ugh, I think I've lost it. ;)

Astraea

The Thoth deck is strong medicine, in my experience -- its visual impact, alone, combined with the time-honored feel of the cards and the grooves the deck has worn in human consciousness, are enough to convey a sense of presence to the sensitive reader. I think that what might have happened is that you asked a big question of the deck, without having first processed (or perhaps fully realized) the cards' impact on you. This could have contributed to an outcome that was interpeted as negative. If that is the case, then your impression that the cards are angry with you will gradually dissipate; or you might place the cards back in order, which many readers feel erases unpleasant experiences.

I feel confident in reassuring you that the deck, itself, is not angry with you -- but tarot is an intensely personal study and the cards can receive projections from our psyches easily, even when that is not our intent. A little personal ritual like reordering the deck might help to "reset" your consciousness, since the perception that the deck is angry is a feeling, and therefore not as susceptible to logical argument as some other aspects of life.

Nevada

Astraea said:
The Thoth deck is strong medicine, in my experience -- its visual impact, alone, combined with the time-honored feel of the cards and the grooves the deck has worn in human consciousness, are enough to convey a sense of presence to the sensitive reader.
Astraea, what a beautiful response!

BRaptor, it's possible your feeling of the deck being angry with you was actually your feelings about not listening to your intuition, shuffling longer and spending more time with the cards. That little voice of the intuition is so easy to ignore at times, but I know that when I do I usually regret it. The negative feelings may be your higher self's way of training you to listen the next time.

Nevada34

BRaptor

Indeed. I went back and shuffled the cards carefully. Once I was satisfied I had "paid enough attention to the deck," I did my reading listed in My Readings about my job. The response was much better and quite enlightening.

Thanks Astraea and Nevada.

Astraea

Glad to hear that you and your deck are on solid footing again!

Xalien

BRaptor said:
Ok, when I heard this from my friends, I thought they were "nuts." Now, however, I've experienced it myself. When I took my cards out today, I felt an "external" happiness (as if the cards were happy to see me). They just wanted to be shuffled (over and over).
Interesting.
I just got my first deck today and I am extremely happy about it.
I ordered a large deck, colors are quite vibrant and art on cards awesome. :)

I think the cards themselves are quite potent. IMO

Brammetje

interesting

interesting topic

How do we feel about our cards?
and why?
what conditions are necessary for each of us to do good readings
(rituals, meditation etc)

How do we prepare ourselves
and when does it go wrong?
When do these úneasy feelings occur?

I hope we can continue with this topic here...

peace,
Bram

punchinella

BRaptor, it's interesting that you tell this story now because I recently (last week) received a gorgeous Thoth DeLuxe from AGM--which I hadn't paid for & didn't even think I had really ordered . . . I had filled out the form to order it on-line, but sent AGM an email asking if I could pay by any means other than card. They never responded, & I thought the 'order' was dead. Then the deck appeared in my mailbox. Just the deck, no bill, no paper, nothing but the deck & a bit of cardboard. So I opened it (I really DID want it!) & then sent another email--this time in French (I know no German) to AGM, asking how to go about paying. (I wonder this, because Alida, for example, also in Europe, hates international money orders, which would be my first choice of how to pay . . . ) Well, AGM hasn't responded to French either, so the end result is that I'm using a deck I haven't paid for.

&, I'm wondering whether the fact that I haven't paid for it is causing bad karma, & intensely negative readings. Or, whether I just don't have the intestinal fortitude to 'take' what it dishes out . . .

--Anyway, my experience so far feels a bit similar to what you describe . . . It's encouraging to hear that you've got your issue sorted out!

P.

Thea Lynx

Feel of the Thoth

My Thoth deck is my power deck beyond all question. There have been times when I have planned to work with another deck, but could not keep from reaching for Thoth. It also reads deeper into my soul than any other deck I have. There has never been anything superficial or "on the surface" with readings from this deck. I have not yet used it in readings for anyone other than myself - I find I am quite reluctant to get anyone else's energy on the cards. I don't feel so selfish with my other decks, so I am certain it is the special relationship I have with this deck. I have been cautioned by others that this deck has a dark lineage, but I do not know how one can "know the light" if you do not also acknowledge shadow.

Every time I take the deck out to begin working with it, it is as if I am seeing the shapes and colors for the first time, yet meeting an old friend.

Thea Lynx

firestorm

I'm kind of thinking that you're safe on the bad karma issue, Punchinella, being that you're making every effort to pay for the deck. It's not like you're trying to rip them off. It's probably very disconcerting to you, as an honest person trying to make it right, to receive a deck that you didn't think you were getting.....and without a bill or other way to pay. Maybe it's just your uncomfortableness that is being projected on the deck. If the issue doesn't straighten out on its own, you could always return the deck with a note and just reorder when you get the payment arrangement straightened out.