View Single Post
Citizen

Aeon418 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smw View Post
This Aeythr feels very confusing and full of (apparent) loss. I guess that is part of the theme as well.
I think a sense of loss is part of the theme of this vision. It's kind of like that feeling that occurs during any growth process when a dearly held ideal is exposed as a fiction and a limitation. Even when this state is acknowledged it can still be hard to let go. Sometimes, like the eagle, we have to suffer a 'death by a thousands cuts' until we're ready to take the next step.
Quote:
I am not sure whether the old Jesus/Osiris? figure has been replaced or whether it is a transformation.
I view it as a transformation of something that is obsolete into something new. The body of the eagle is repeatedly wounded releasing the life blood. The old deific image of Tiphareth has served it's purpose, but from it's coagulated blood a new image is born - Atu XX.
Quote:
But he is still also seems to be 'the son' calling out to his mother and father, who are the gods/supernals...and so he is aware of them?
He may be aware of them in some sense, but he's isolated from them and has no direct contact. As it says in line 12: "These are they that hear not prayer." But his isolation seems to be self imposed. In line 7 he describes himself as "hemmed in by the armies of night." For a solar image he doesn't sound very sun-like. The sun shines out into the darkness of space and is always in perpetual darkness. Being 'hemmed in by the night' sounds restrictive and is a perfect picture of the dualistic human intellect. The same 'proud intellect' that will begin to feel threatened and insecure during the growth process of initiation.
Quote:
it also seems like he is ashamed with the awareness of his own manifestation, (Malkuth).
This may be a result of the eagle's grandiose view of himself being shattered. He's been exposed for what he is and is coming to terms with it. Compare the boasting in line 6 with the pitiful expressions of inadequacy in line 11. It speaks of stages in a growth process.
Quote:
I think I got muddled too by the references to his dualistic nature - black with golden light, feathers and golden egg etc and that he is 'the great god adored of the holy ones. 'Yet am I the accursed one, child of the elements and not their father'.
I think it's important to remember that even though this vision pertains to Tiphareth, it is Tiphareth in the world of Yetzirah. In the Tarot we're still in the dualistic suit Swords. Contradictions are very appropriate here. And with the death of the eagle the contradictions are resolved into a new unity.
Quote:
This does not seem so dissimilar for Horus the double god solar with golden light and references to the double wanded one ..both elements together...maybe...ahem
But Horus is a Hawk which is a Kether symbol. (See 777) I think the main difference between the Horus Hawk and the Eagle in this vision is that Horus is a Unity expressed in an active and passive form. The Eagle in the present vision describes himself as double and can't reconcile each aspect. He's division whereas Horus is a Unity.
Horus as such doesn't appear until the final Aethyr, but here's part of this speech:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus
I am light, and I am night, and I am that which is beyond them.

I am speech, and I am silence, and I am that which is beyond them.

I am life, and I am death, and I am that which is beyond them.

I am war, and I am peace, and I am that which is beyond them.

I am weakness, and I am strength, and I am that which is beyond them.
One interesting thing to note about this Aethyr is that it's general theme is repeated again in the 16th Aethyr which corresponds to Tiphareth in Briah. But instead of an Eagle it is a bearded Ruler (the Ego-King) who is dethroned.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jupiter...-_Jupiter2.jpg
Top   #5