Arkartia Site Kickstarter

gregory

Please can this thread not degenerate ?

I shall not be backing this, simply because video-based app-y things are so much not me. But I do think it is fascinating and I wish it all the best. Also - if Andrea Chiarvesio from Lo Scarabeo is that impressed, it must have something BIG going for it (in fact, that fact in itself might actually have swayed me, except that I spend too much time on my computer as it is.)

Andrea will not make vast sums from it, I think, nor will USG and Llewellyn, who have both expressed serious impressedness (if that wasn't a word before, it is now :D.)

I know Andrea. I have talked tarot with Andrea. I bet he has seen more of it than we have. If he is impressed, then it is impressive. And worth taking seriously.

If you don't like the look of it - don't back it. No-one says you have to. But don't knee-jerkily blast it just because of personality issues. Many here - even non-backers like me - are very interested, and would like to be able to discuss it and hear about it without snarky posts - or, indeed, defensive ones.

Thank you for your time. :) I shall now go and look at the linked video Rallwedd posted.

starlightexp

Hello All Aeclectics!

I am only just on my first coffee and I saw that the Arkartia project was re-launched for us original backers (but the secret is out on Social Media) a day ahead of World Tarot Day tomorrow, which was the official public re-launch.

It seems to have already got 60% of funding in the first hour, and I am about to make my re-pledge now; although I want them to do at least one area on my deck-of-choice, the Tarocco Egiziano.

The new campaign page is https://www.kickstarter.com/project...tia-for-all-explore-the-magical-world-of-taro

I can't see those quotes from "suberbacker" and I believe that they were answered, as I saw a reply I think. The "interesting novelty" of an App is deffo down to opinion, but I have a load of Apps on my phone and use them daily, so it is not an "ephemeral" thing for me.

I've been learning about the project and with several emails to the creators, so I can blog on it and I like to think of it as a massive immersive tarot experience with lots of new and original content delivered in a new and original way. I worked through their solo "Gated Spread" (did anyone else here?) and it was something very unique and I learnt a lot about Court cards and my own family - again, it was very new and not something I've seen anywhere else?

But yes, I also like a real deck - although this is something entirely different. I know they're using Ciro Marketti's "Tarot Decrotif" on the site, so there's a reading system built-in, but I see that sort of thing as an addition to my own physical Tarocco deck, not a replacement ;-)

R.A.

It's great that so many people connected with the project are here to talk about it and I wish no ill will on it but rather was, like many others out there, trying to figure out just what it is that is was hoping to be other then a website, all be it a very pretty one. I'm just got seeing anything groundbreaking yet. There are many sites out there with original content and spreads, even here on AT people post original content and talk and share readings and trade so what was this one thing to do that hasn't been done? From the way it was coming off I would be more dependent on my phone for readings on understandings rather then develop the skills to read the cards just thrown down before me. I hope that you realize I'm not asking out of tone, or malice but if one wants to "invest" in something these are rather valid questions.

More tea anyone? A nice pot of Abbot blend tea is almost up. A fab local blend here in the Midwest that is light and pleasing.

starlightexp

If you don't like the look of it - don't back it. No-one says you have to. But don't knee-jerkily blast it just because of personality issues. Many here - even non-backers like me - are very interested, and would like to be able to discuss it and hear about it without snarky posts - or, indeed, defensive ones.

Thank you for your time. :) I shall now go and look at the linked video Rallwedd posted.

I totally agree :)

More tea and less shade.... but scones are welcome.

cirom

I apologies for my defensive rant.

My work in tarot is not a necessity, its a passion. My defensiveness reflects that. I can't really quantify the worthiness of this project. As i've said earlier, essentially I am the decorator not the architect....

Edmund if you are seriously interested, and this project ever gets off the ground, I will cover your subscription for a year.......

gregory

It's great that so many people connected with the project are here to talk about it and I wish no ill will on it but rather was, like many others out there, trying to figure out just what it is that is was hoping to be other then a website, all be it a very pretty one. I'm just got seeing anything groundbreaking yet. There are many sites out there with original content and spreads, even here on AT people post original content and talk and share readings and trade so what was this one thing to do that hasn't been done? From the way it was coming off I would be more dependent on my phone for readings on understandings rather then develop the skills to read the cards just thrown down before me. I hope that you realize I'm not asking out of tone, or malice but if one wants to "invest" in something these are rather valid questions.

More tea anyone? A nice pot of Abbot blend tea is almost up. A fab local blend here in the Midwest that is light and pleasing.
Stop with the tea - it becomes tedious.

Why not take a look an the link Rallwedd posted.
I apologise for my defensive rant.
I'd have done the same - I don't blame you. But it's such a waste of your time.

starlightexp

Stop with the tea - it becomes tedious.

Why not take a look an the link Rallwedd posted.

There can never be too much tea, tarot or cats in my life.

I did look at the link provided last night and am hoping that Rallwedd will respond soon.

gregory

Meow. You may feel more at home here. Please pour your tea there and discuss Arkartia here.

I love the map.

cirom

I'm just got seeing anything groundbreaking yet. There are many sites out there with original content and spreads, even here on AT people post original content and talk and share readings and trade so what was this one thing to do that hasn't been done? From the way it was coming off I would be more dependent on my phone for readings on understandings rather then develop the skills to read the cards just thrown down before me. I hope that you realize I'm not asking out of tone, or malice but if one wants to "invest" in something these are rather valid questions.

I don't thinks thats a fair perspective. Hardly anything in Tarot is original. At best its a take or variation of something thats been done before. Be that a web site or even a deck. The originality is often limited to how the imagery, information, and general content is presented. Even with a deck. Whether thats original imagery created from scratch by the artist, or creative modifications of imagery created by tarot deck artists of the past or copy pasted from the internet. Its all still a variation on something that preceded it. But how its re presented has some merit I'd like to think, otherwise whats the point of anything.

The link below, shows one feature. You can dismiss it as a gimmick or unnecessary because its just eye candy, and teaches YOU nothing new. But it took many hours to produce. and as far as i'm aware i haven't seen content or functionality like this here on AT. Maybe I haven't looked in the right thread? Either way I'd like to think that in addition to the actual content, the decoration mood and visual ambience is very much part of the overall experience. Hopefully enough others will agree. As for relying on a smart phone, certainly that is a part of the functionality with many of the bells and whistles, but its not as if a phone is some strange artifact. Most people would probably have one theirs within reach as we speak. And certainly one wouldn't have to rely or depend on canned meanings that apps might contain. They might be helpful to beginners certainly, but experienced users would not "rely" on them, just as they wouldn't rely on the content of the little white book that comes with a physical deck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6I3t5_yqzM

starlightexp

I'm not quite sure why my not understanding things about this is making me the subject of teasing and judgment. Chiro you yourself said that even you weren't quite sure what somethings were supposed to do and but yet feel free to belittle someone that isn't even connected to it for not understanding. Not looking for a fight or even a response. Just saying.

I brought up the concerns and comments from other backers based on the discussion here being about why the project has been canceled and was not successful in finding its original goal. Interesting enough there was a campaign just recently for a similar type of tarot app that also was unsuccessful in its funding. (. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/922733472/tarot4all-real-tarot-cards-recognition?ref=discovery. ) Gregory <hugs> please let me know if I should talk about that I'm a different thread as to not disrupt the conversation here :). I have it as nearly an example of tarot apps struggling to gain a following. I ask questions to hopefully make those connected or backed it or will or won't back it want to have a discussion. With a resurgence in the historical decks and reading styles vs modern it asks the question as to what people are seeking out of the Tarot right now. We are in very interesting times.

Pots empty ....time to tend the roses I guess.

gregory

Tarot4All (there is a thread) was basically a deck with an app of the type we all know and many of us love. As far as I could see (I wanted the deck, so I was watching it) all it did was do the reading for you and explain how it got there. This is rather a lot more than that. Certainly I can see no area where Arkartia does reading for its members.