how important is it to use a significator card?

marablu

Hi everyone,

I read another thread here (significator & celtic cross), and it reminded me of a question I've had for a while now.

I know that a lot of people use significator cards. Personally, I rarely use them.

What do others think? Is it important to use them? What do you feel they bring to a reading?

Thanks for your thoughts,

marablu

Sulis

I never use one. I'd sooner have all the cards in the deck for the reading.
What if I remove a card that needs to be in that reading?

Tansey Ella

edited

caridwen

I think the significator is the card you feel represents you at the time of the reading. I have absolutely no idea why you would choose one. Maybe a more enlightened soul can help:)

Grizabella

The creator of the Buckland Romani says he just uses a coin belonging to the sitter or some other item that belongs to them as their significator. Of course, I wouldn't see the point in that when reading for oneself, but who knows? It might add your own energy to the reading in a particular way.

I know one of our readers here uses the sitter's question written on a piece of paper and put under the spread cloth before doing the reading. I think that's a good significator.

marablu

Hi all!

Thanks for your responses :)

I like the idea of writing the question on a piece of paper Solitaire!
I may try this.

I generally prefer having all cards in the deck too, unless I'm only
using the majors for a reading, or doing a single-suit reading perhaps.

I'm still learning and everything, but to me a significator seems a little
pointless. Unless perhaps I was doing a reading for someone over the
phone or the internet??

SunChariot

Not very. I used one in my very first reading, and didn't see that it added all that much to the reading. I never used one again.

Bar

Umbrae

Never used one.

FantasyWorld

Never used one either

Astrae

I never use one. Never have.