The Book of the Law Study Group 2.56

Grigori

We seem to have hit difficult parts of the BoL! To mock Hadit is to mock and abandon your own secret self? To deny your own godhood?

Aeon418

Grigori said:
To mock Hadit is to mock and abandon your own secret self? To deny your own godhood?
That's the way I see it. Also to mock someone else's godhead is essentially a attck upon, and denial of your own divinity. The ego can laugh all it likes. But Hadit always has the last laugh.

One thing that strikes me about this verse is that we're now back onto the same subject that occupied the previous verses. Where did the little digression into English Qabalah suddenly come from? Was it more than it appears to be? Seek Hadit or seek Da'ath in silly little intellectual number-word games that reveal nothing of Hadit.

Always Wondering

Well, this is timely. :laugh: Though I see it got a little burried for a day. I am not used to having to dig for the study threads.

JamesEshelman said:
When their false pleasure fades and they discover the emptiness of their truth, they are advised to recognize this as the “forsaking” of Hadit, i.e., of that which is to each his or her Self.

I did not understand how Hadit could forsake anyone but this makes sense.

AW

Grigori

Always Wondering said:
I did not understand how Hadit could forsake anyone

There are two conflicting statement in this one I think, "forsaken by Hadit", and also "laughing in Hadit's honour". It seems unusual to honour someone with mocking laughter, at least an unusual way to describe it.

Aeon418

Grigori said:
There are two conflicting statement in this one I think, "forsaken by Hadit", and also "laughing in Hadit's honour". It seems unusual to honour someone with mocking laughter, at least an unusual way to describe it.
I don't necessarily see it as honouring through mockery. Quite the opposite actually. I get the sense that Hadit is asking us "by what power are you able to mock me"? The answer is Hadit himself.
It's like being able to deny life, but only because you are alive are you able to do it.

Imagine the 4 Kerubs on the Chariot card jeering at the Charioteer. His answer is, "so be it", and lets go of the reigns and puts them up on Ebay. Then he takes a trip to the nearest Kerub dealership to see what's on offer. :laugh:

Aeon418

To see an an interesting parrallel to this verse, with a twist, crack open your Bible and read Matthew 27 and Mark 15 to read how Jesus was mocked before crucifixtion. And before his death cried out, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? - My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Always Wondering

Yes it does seem contradictory. I looked up honour, well, honor. It does seem like Hadit is keeping high status in spite of the mocking.

I also read the Bible verses. Now I have a headache. :laugh: Due to vacation Bible school at a Baptist Church one summer, I wibder uf I will ever be able to view those verses objectively. I cried, riddled with guilt, for a week after. And swore I would be a female minister. No big deal these days but back then my fifth grade teacher told me I was crazy, a woman should never be a minister. :laugh: Good thing he talked me out of it, I'd say.
Guess it's time to let go. :|

So I don't get the twist. And was the vinegar more mocking or aid? The purple robe and the crown(Kether?) seemed significant.

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
So I don't get the twist.
The twist is that, in a Thelemic sense, the story is the wrong way around. Jesus was merely a guy doing his True Will. So why would Hadit forsake him?
In the current verse those who are forsaken are the mockers. In the biblical story, before the crucifixion, the mockers dress Jesus up as a King and have a good laugh, before striking him on the head. Very symbolic, yes? ;)
Always Wondering said:
And was the vinegar more mocking or aid?
I think vinegar is a qabalistic code word. In some versions it is translated as sour wine, or wine mixed with vinegar. Both wine and vinegar in Greek equal 400.

400 + 400 = 800 - Omega - "It is finished". See John 19: 28-30

Aeon418

The vinegar/omega referrence has just reminded me that the next verse is practically a direct quote from Revelation 22:11.

The end is nigh. :laugh: