"Medieval Chihuahua Tarot" ...completed...

tarotlyn

Oh my gosh, I LOVE how Oobi came out, he looks great! You did an excellent job!!

Lyn, did you include a pic of your Lee Lee Lou anywhere in this thread? Has she been included in the deck yet? I'd love to see a before-deck photo of her!
:heart: Bhavana, I really love how well Oobi looks (his second image you gave me was so mcuh better!)
You know, his coloring is very similar to my own RoseBud...I will be adding her to the deck also.
As far as my Chi's images, I don't have that many because they 'never' will hold still long enough
for me to get any good photos. I don't know how everyone got such good shots of theirs? :bugeyed:

I just got my new camera and I am trying to get some better shots! I am waiting till the weather
gets better so I can take them outside and try to get some good poses...hopefully soon.
As far as a photo of Lee Lee Lou, they are on my other older computers...and I need to
turn them on and find out where on the hard drives I have them...you know the story:
...the baker has no bread...the shoe cobbler's children have worn out shoes, etc. :laugh:
...but I am planning on getting to that soon...I just can't look at any old memories of Lee Lee Lou just now :(

In fact, Gladys, called me this morning to say that she has picked up Lee Lee Lou's ashes
from the vet today...and I asked her to please hold them for a little while until I can face looking
at the little wooden box she says they are in...YIKES...I love that little dog more than I knew I did!
She was like a human and very smart and VERY compassionate! I called her a little 'nurse.'
...as she watched over my late husband like a hawk during his last year in this house!
...and barked at me if something was wrong with him or needed doing for him! She was on duty! LOL

Geese I miss her so much... so I will find some photos of her. I think there are some photos
of all my dogs on AT somewhere in a thread or two, but can't remember which threads now...
...so I will find some photos of her later and post them eventually in this thread...when I am
able to work on a tarot card for her...I just can't bring myself to work on that card yet :(

The courts are SOOOO adorable...I especially love that King of Swords!
:heart: Thanks! Chronata...this is all your fault...:laugh: ha ha... instigator you!! LOL
I hope I am not letting you down! (that I can live up to your encouragement :bugeyed:)

That's my Oobi! He was a rescue dog, you know - came to me weighing half what he does now, abused, skinny, dull coat, head down, tail always between his legs - he wouldn't ever even look me in the face. Just having him around made me spiral into a 2 week depression. The saddest, most downtrodden little dog in the world. And look at him today - he's the King of Swords!! :)

Rosie looks good too - so feminine!!
:heart: Bhavana, see what love can do? I am so glad Oobi has such a good home. I am really
hoping that this deck will be a good way to bring in a little exta money to help other Chi's like Oobi find good homes.

Oh, yeah, all that fluff on Rosie's ears is very feminine looking. Even the male Chi's that are
her same breed variety, with the same type of fluffy ears, look feminine. I guess it is just
a form of stereotyping...you know, long hair for females, and short hair for males (in general human society).

Holy cow, i just came across this deck. These are SOOO CUTE! :thumbsup:
:heart: Glitterbird, you have me cracking up over here with your "Holy cow"...you are so funny!
I am so happy you like them. Glad to have you join in with us. Please come back and comment
whenever you feel like it :heart:

:heart: @everyone
Well today was a really busy one for me, as I had to run out to do errands between the
rain storms :bugeyed:.. my where does all the time go anyway :confused: :bugeyed: :laugh:

I did some work on the Wands, King and Queen and I am learning new skills to do with the eyes!
So that is a plus for today! I now need to find a 'good' wand' for the wands suit.

Plus, no one has commented on the 'whitish' sword, whether they like it or not ...it is different
and I am starting to like it, especially since I haven't found a replacement for it yet :bugeyed:

...back to work on the deck...

:heart: Lyn

Quester

Love the court cards!! Those little faces are soooo expressive and cute!!!! :heart:

tarotlyn

:heart::) Thanks! Quester! I am glad you like them...the rest of the Pages will be next I think...

:heart: @everyone:
Well I think I am finally finished with the King and Queen of Wands...I just made my own wand!
...and the King has his wand and his 'salamander'...and the Queen has her wand, cat, and sun flowers! :):thumbsup:

I think you are going to like her very unusual cat ...LOL... can you believe this is a public domain image?
...also I think I got a little creative with the sun flowers :laugh:

Have a peek...I think the wand will work for the rest of the deck...(I hope)

:heart:...heading for some sleep...it is 3:40 am :bugeyed:
Lyn

Attachments

• WANDS.KING.PD.jpg
    WANDS.KING.PD.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 74
  • WANDS.QUEEN.ROSIE.jpg
    WANDS.QUEEN.ROSIE.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 69

tarotlyn

:heart::) reposting the Queen of Wands to see if the cats blue and green eyes show up a little bigger... :bugeyed:

:heart:Lyn

...I am also working on the pages now...

Attachments

• WANDS.QUEEN.ROSIE.jpg
    WANDS.QUEEN.ROSIE.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 77

Sinduction

Oh, that cat is hilarious! Can you imagine a cat being a dog's' pet? :D

We used to have a cat, when I brought my boys home for the first time I had to teach the cat that they were not food for him. I remember him entering the room, the way cats do when they see prey. All low to the ground, eyes big and wide. They became quite close, I think he learned to protect them. I miss that cat. My boys still prefer cats to other dogs. Maybe they miss that cat too.

We all have such gorgeous chi's! It's such a pleasure to see all of them.

tarotlyn

Oh, that cat is hilarious! Can you imagine a cat being a dog's' pet? :D

We used to have a cat, when I brought my boys home for the first time I had to teach the cat that they were not food for him. I remember him entering the room, the way cats do when they see prey. All low to the ground, eyes big and wide. They became quite close, I think he learned to protect them. I miss that cat. My boys still prefer cats to other dogs. Maybe they miss that cat too.

We all have such gorgeous chi's! It's such a pleasure to see all of them.
:heart: There is something to be said about Chi's liking cats...LLLou was raised with cats and
I didn't get her until she was a couple of months old. She has always had cat ways about her and
she used to sit just like a cat and lick her feet sometimes for grooming and then after she
got her feet wet, she used to wash her face with them! LOL I kid you not...and she always
stretched out just like a cat and she taught these other two the same things! I always told
her that she was really just a cat in a Chihuahua skin...LOL Ha Ha

Anyway, the cat in this card is really trippy...wait till you see it after the deck is published!
Especially this card will look great in the 'JUMBO' size that I am aiming for...actually I will
publish this deck in all '3' sizes, but the jumbo will probably be the best. The cat's eyes should really pop.

I have a lot more cute and different looking Chi's in my files for the rest of the deck.
Tonight I worked on the outfits for all of the pages and tomorrow I will start adding the
backgrounds and the Chi faces, then the suit implements as well.

I really love doing this stuff! I may never stop...:laugh: LOL

...wow...I am going to bed earlier tonight ...it is only 2:30 am! YAY...hope I can sleep...
see you all tomorrow with some Pages to look at ...I hope ...well, at least one anyway...

:heart: HUGS
Lyn

Chronata

That cat on Rosie's lap just clinches the image perfectly!

Sinduction...I did know a friend who bought a kitten for their dog...the cat grew up as the dog's pet and companion (though he also grew up thinking he was a dog as well!)

Tarotlyn...I love that you will be publishing these in the different sizes! Great idea!

And I really think you have a winner here! This deck has magic.

tarotlyn

That cat on Rosie's lap just clinches the image perfectly!

Sinduction...I did know a friend who bought a kitten for their dog...the cat grew up as the dog's pet and companion (though he also grew up thinking he was a dog as well!)

Tarotlyn...I love that you will be publishing these in the different sizes! Great idea!

And I really think you have a winner here! This deck has magic.
:heart: Oh my, Chronata, I feel like the deck and the magic hasn't even started yet...LOL :laugh:
...This effect may be due to the fact that I am zeroed in (more than ever in a '4' year...Numerology)
on each card, that it doesn't feel like anything is really happening yet. Does that even make any sense? LOL

It is so encouraging to hear that something magical is happening with these cards...I wasn't sure that
this '4' year would allow much creativity. Maybe because of doing my last deck in a 'creative 3' year and
having my name start with an 'L' which is a '3' and giving me a lifetime mental plane that is a '3' all the time :bugeyed:
(meaning my mind is normally residing in a 'fairtale castle' anyway...:laugh:)

...what I am really trying to say is that without you guys, and without this thread, I don't
think there would be a chance for this deck to blossom with any 'magic'

...you :heart: all are my magic! ooops...the secret is out now! :p Ha Ha

:heart: Thank you for the encouragement...My creativity is now bouncing off of the walls! :)

...It is raining on and off and cold here and I am not looking forward to the daily walk today :bugeyed:
...but I hope to get at least one Page done today...hopefully with an AT special Chi :heart:

:heart: BIG GIANT CHIHUAHUA HUGS!!!
Lyn

tarotlyn

:heart::)... Worked on the Page of Coins (Quino)_ today...

I may need to tweak a few things on him?

:heart:HUGS
Lyn

ETA...YEP...I just looked and I will need to do more with this card...
I think the coin should be bigger and maybe he should be moved
up higher so the rest of his head is in the sky showing up his face more.
I am also thinking that his shoulders maybe be a little too large for his
hips and legs...hmmmmm ...will have to wait until tomorrow...bed time...

Attachments

• COINS.PAGE.QUINO.AT.jpg
    COINS.PAGE.QUINO.AT.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 75

Bhavana

oh Lyn, they are all just coming out so great. One thing - I think I liked the sly, smug look of the first cat's eyes in the Queen Wands better than the re-do. Not that the re-do isn't good in it's own way - I just think the expression in the first picture is somehow funnier, so cat-like.