Tarot Cafe (manga)

Alta

Oh good. I saw it was available on the Internet but I was hoping to see it in the stores. The first two were just great. First manga that I have ever owned. :)

WolfyJames

Marion said:
Oh good. I saw it was available on the Internet but I was hoping to see it in the stores. The first two were just great. First manga that I have ever owned. :)

Yeah, they were my first mangas too, but now I have bought many mangas since then. Yikes! I feel another addiction coming... :(

annik

Well, it can be. Living with an otaku is slowly curing me. But I still enjoy reading some manga serie.

Flavio

I was able to read the 2nd volume this month, the 1st volume is the mail :) the dark stories are well written and Tarot cards are used in an accurate way, pretty much in the "Red Violin" movie way, the art is a little bit girlish (flowers and lace everywhere) but the overall impression is very good, I enjoyed it a lot.

2nd volume started with the second half of the story called "A heartless princess, an alchemist and a Jester" althought I haven't read the 1st volume I was able to understand the end of the story (scary BTW).

Shade

Vol. 3

So who has read volume 3 already? I will try and avoid spoilers.

Volume 3 begins with a reading for a sultan, it's a long piece but there are some fun twists and one spooky revelation at the end.

The second "reading" story was a little on the wacky side, a man inloved with a water-spirit named Cheese.

The third portion of the book gets back to the larger arc-story of Pamela's life. Parts of the Dragon King story confused me, I think I will need to read it over again for some of the relationships between the characters both now and hundreds of years ago to make sense.

I liked taht we found out more about the jewels Pamela does readings in exchange for. I'm strill trying to figure out Belus. What's his deal?

I liked the addition of the White Haired tarot rader. She might be an interesting nemesis for Pamela... or maybe they're on the sam side. I like the ambiguity of the story so far... enough is revealed in each issue to make up for the dozens of questions added.

Alta

I had to go back and re-read Vols 1 & 2 to figure out the longer dragon story arc in Volume 3. I don't understand Belus either, supposedly he and Pamela have a contract of some sort. And of course, why doesn't Ash remember who he is?
I thought the middle story was silly and was filler. I think that fellow living alone in Vol 2 is going to show up again because belus knows him.

Shade

I'm having some trouble with that Belus. He's definately related to the necklace... but I don't think he's a dragon. I had this wild thery that he might be the Devil... and I actuallythink that would be a fun storyline.

Belus and Pamela remind me a bit of a metaphyscal Will and Grace.

I thin the middle story was there to balance out the other serious ones... but it was pretty silly.

Alta

Then of course there is Berial, the owner of the necklace. He showed up very briefly too (I think, memory is bad). Who's that if Belus is the Devil. Belus may be like the Devil's assistant. :>

annik

I got it but now, I think I should read it! lol! So much to read right now!

Flavio

Volume 3: I just got it from Amazon as we speak! :D I'll start reading it tonight (nice Monday surprise!)