Fairytale Tarot (Magic Realist Press)- 9 of Coins

olivia1

On the card, there is a picture of a young woman standing in front of a farm and a barn. Slightly behind her is a ram and in the background, there are cattle. To me this represents the elements fire and earth: taking a risk or gamble in order to reap the benefits of security and contentment that may follow.

To me, the story represents someone taking a gamble, against what seems like all odds, but the gamble paying off in a way that leads to a big pay off in the end…a pay off larger than what the person even initially expected. Also, in the story, the girl is ridiculed by her sisters and repeatedly called a "fool" for following her intuition but she pays these doubters no mind.

To me this represents times in our lives when people want to think we are crazy for our desire to follow such an unconventional idea. I feel that this card is a reminder that if we follow through with our idea/goal, no matter how crazy it may seem at first, in the end we will be very happy that we did because it will all pay off.

Master_Margarita

The story behind the card is the the tale of Habogi, which I was not familiar with before taking up with this deck (the companion book says it's Icelandic, which might explain things). Its full version can be found here.

I always enjoy stories featuring a lovely, clever, good youngest sister. :D The story, and card, are all about material gain. There's also the implication here that accepting the ugly guy can have its rewards, so in a sense this story is about looking beyond the superficial.

For some reason, when I look at the image on the card, the Bach tune "Sheep May Safely Graze" pops into my mind. The heavy use of primary colors gives the card a naive feel, but in a stylized way, if you know what I mean.

:heart: M_M~