The Happy Squirrel card

Alaanya Crae

That is one of my favorite episodes. I always remembered an extremely over dramatic gasp and a look of pure fear and loathing (although not in Las Vegas, just Springfield lol, sorry bad humor) I would think the Happy Squirrel card should be a wild card, a representation of the unforseeable in any circumstance. Its neither good or bad, just an irony.

Alaanya Crae

Maelin said:
Perhaps we are taking the happy squirrel too literally, as in "blessed are the cheesemakers"

LMAO.......shouldn't we be blessing the mink now? Happy squirrel offset by the Sad Mink......or Naked Mink.

retrokat

Bump!

Just a quick note to mention for anyone researching the Happy Squirrel that there's one in my new deck Touchstone Tarot. Yay for Simpsons :)

WolfSpirit

Ratatosk

When I think of the happy squirrel I think of Ratatosk from Norse mythology. Ratatosk lives in Yggdrasil, the tree of life, and he has fun running up and down the tree, He delivers messages from the eagle at the top of the tree to the serpent at the base of the tree. But he deliberately misinterprets the messages to cause confusion and strife between them. He reminds of the Intriguer (don't know what you call him in English) in the Asterix comics, the little Roman guy who can cause fights everywhere to his own benefit.

When I use an animal oracle deck I think of the squirrel in much more positive ways. I actually love the little critters :heart:

Sphinxmoth

retrokat said:
Just a quick note to mention for anyone researching the Happy Squirrel that there's one in my new deck Touchstone Tarot. Yay for Simpsons :)

It's the deciding factor card in whether I will get the Touchstone or not (no decision about it, yet). How *much* do I want/need a Happy Squirrel card? Pretty much. Just an historically-missing Major. If it hasn't been in the tarot, it probably should have been. It must have some relationship to the Fool.

ArwenNightstar

Ok, y'all made me laugh so hard soda came out of my nose! HAHAHAHA.

I now know WHY Kat put a Happy Squirrel in this deck. I just unwrapped the cards and was flipping through them.

There I saw it. The Happy Squirrel card...:|

ArwenNightstar

The Happy Squirrel came up in a reading I did for myself today. I used a spread Peridot designed and Kat's Touchstone tarot. I will post the reading later today on my blog so I can include some scans of cards. :)

Chronata

That is so cool! I love when decks have a Happy Squirrel! The Touchstone may have to become my next purchase!

My Masquerade has one and so does the Complete All Hallows....

and man, that little bugger comes up a LOT!

It's still...oddly enough...a card connected to Real Estate in readings that I do...or for planning for a financial future.(which I am not so good at doing!)

Sphinxmoth

Chronata said:
That is so cool! I love when decks have a Happy Squirrel! The Touchstone may have to become my next purchase!

My Masquerade has one and so does the Complete All Hallows....

and man, that little bugger comes up a LOT!

It's still...oddly enough...a card connected to Real Estate in readings that I do...or for planning for a financial future.(which I am not so good at doing!)

That's funny- an' sort of natural, I guess, squirrels squirrelling away things in their little caches the way they do. cool