8 of Cups Reversed

Sad Gurl

First I'd like to state that I did a forum search as well as looked at the meanings of the cards. I couldn't find anything on the 8 of Cups reversed.

My problem is that doing some research on the 8 of Cups I am finding different meanings. I know everyone can interpret the cards to what they feel is best. But I am trying to gather as many meanings of the 8 of Cups reversed as I can. In one research it states that this card reversed indicates settling for less. Where another states that you're ready to return to life - experience things again.
So what is your interpetation of the 8 of Cups Reversed?
Thanks.

LovelyMissAries

Based off of my feeling on the card, 8 of Cups reversed is being emotionally "stuck". Either they refuse to move on from the situation, or something keeps bringing them back to the same old patterns. Sticking with something just *because* it's comfortable, not because it actually brings them happiness or fulfillment. 8 of Cups reversed to me seems similar to 5 of Cups upright. Also it could mean a delay in travel plans, or emotional fulfillment (but I think what I said before pretty much covers that.)

littlestar

To me the 8 of cups rx indicates a lack of confidence and inner strength.
A refusal to leave a situation you know you need to leave or the time not being right to leave. A time to reflect on your inner needs.

Seafra

It depends. It depends on your deck, on your age or your experience in life. It depends on the goals of the person you are reading for. It depends on the question. It depends on the card before, the card after.

Leaving for the wrong reasons, throwing emotional gains away. Not ready to leave even though emotional work is done and there's no where else to go. Emotionally stuck. Immature. Staying for the wrong/tainted emotional reasons. Not having the emotional courage to leave. Feeling like you've left a situation even though you're still in it. There's more left to learn so a hard decision is made to stay.

Depends on context. Should I stay or should I go has probably been addressed in the mind. Out of context this could be staying for all the wrong reasons or all the right reasons but they are delicate.

All depends on context.

Sportsfreak

I was just going to ask about this card in reverse!

See, I actually went to a tarot reader downtown for my own reading since I can't seem to use my own cards on myself quite yet, and I got the 8 of Cups reversed which she said indicated a return of my ex back into my life. She based this on the surrounding cards but she definitely used 8 of Cups reversed in a positive light in my case. It kind of makes sense since 8 of Cups upright means leaving, 8 of Cups reversed can mean coming back, again, depending on the surrounding cards.

fire queen

8 of cups reversed: an ex lover coming back to you, you are going back to an ex lover, you/someone else returning to a previously abandoned situation/person/destination

fire queen

Also, You can not go to the destination/person/situation that you want to go. Like; You want to move overseas and leave home here. 8 cups reverse (you can not)

You want to leave your current job (8 cups reverse: You can not)
You want to seperate yourself from a relationship (8 cups reverse: You can not)