Queen of Wands as physical attraction...

misskatie

How would this card be read as the physical attraction a man has towards a woman? I just don't get it...I must be missing something...but then again I struggle with court cards.

Thanks!

Mellifluous

That's powerful stuff. An intense sexual passion. The queen of wands is very sexy. Queen of fire, energy, and action. She's really hot. :)

misskatie

Um, lol OK I guess I missed the obvious! I think I've been at the tarot for too long today and need to put them away for the night.

Thanks. ;)

Mellifluous

:joke: No problem.

lark

Agree with Mellifluous...and also to add The Queen of Wands likes to be the aggressor..she like to intiate, and be in control of the sexual encounter.

FaireMaiden

misskatie said:
but then again I struggle with court cards. Thanks!
Sometimes it helps to put the 'Court' into a more visual, real-time perspective... Film is great for this--->

Queen of Wands-- smartly passionate- she compels

Intolerable Cruelty; Catherine Zeta-Jones as Marilyn.
Lara Croft- Tomb Raider; Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft.

Queen of Swords-- smouldering detachment- she intrigues

Basic Instinct; Sharon Stone as Catherine Tramell.
The Lion in Winter; Katherine Hepburn as Queen Eleanor.

Queen of Cups-- damsel-in-distress seduction- she implores

Shakespeare in Love; Gwyneth Paltrow as Viola.
Titanic; Kate Winslet as Rose.

Queen of Pentacles-- earthy fecundity- she comforts

My Big Fat Greek Wedding; Nia Vardalos as Toula.
Jerry Maguire; Renee Zellweger as Dorothy.

Midnight-Dawn

Thank you so much, my FaireMaiden!!
That really helps!
I too, always struggle with the courts (more so when they are in a "situation" postion instead of a person)
But having that visual really puts them in a better visual perspective!

MD

Soothsayer

misskatie said:
Um, lol OK I guess I missed the obvious! I think I've been at the tarot for too long today and need to put them away for the night...

Sometimes it's hard to see the wood for the trees....

Midnight-Dawn

FaireMaiden
Do you also have "real time visual perspectives" for the rest of the Courts?
I found this to be the most "realistic" help for me yet!
Thanks!

FaireMaiden

Midnight-Dawn said:
FaireMaiden
Do you also have "real time visual perspectives" for the rest of the Courts?
I found this to be the most "realistic" help for me yet!
Thanks!
You're most welcome, lass! and, no, I don't have what might be construed as a 'running film list' of 'Courts' *lol* What I posted above came off the top of my head. I guess I've just been doing tarot for so long, I don't have any trouble with the Courts anymore but, boy howdy, I sure did when I first started!

Coming up with your own lists is important, if this method is one that you think will serve you. And it's fun. To be able to assign 'tarot' into our everyday world is what makes it come alive. It is a divinitory tool true, but it is also a great teacher of just plain human nature.

I wish to advise that, in my estimation, it is equally important to realize that the 'Courts' are expressive of an 'energetic pattern'... nothing is chisled in granite... people can, and do, move in and out of various 'Court' modalities.

For example, astrologically-speaking, your mom may be a Virgo, which would make her a Queen of Pentacles... earthy, practical, nit-picking, great at organizing, blah, blah, blah... If you did a reading about your family and the Queen of Pentacles came up, you would naturally assume it's speaking of your mother. But, for the sake of our example, let's say she just suffered some kind of breakdown and needs all kinds of care herself. She would then be expressing a Queen of Cups energy. So, in doing a reading about your mother, if the Queen of Cups came up, you would need to shift your perspective as the cards are telling you that your mother is in 'needy-mode' right now.

Here's an interesting one that just came to mind, and I think it did because, when I was having so much trouble with the 'Courts', the worst of the bunch were the Pages.

GOOD WILL HUNTING: Matt Daman as Will Hunting

Now, to me, even tho he is of an age to be considered a Knight, I place him as a Page. Indeed, the Page of Cups. He has the brilliance of the Swords suit, the flair, cleverness, and drive of the Wands suit, the earthy practicality of the Pentacles suit (he's always working, even menial jobs). But the movie is a snapshot of a time in this young man's life wherein he is deeply distressed and lost in the world. He seeks counsel. Robin Williams, in this case, is thrust into the role of King of Swords to Will Hunting's Page of Cups.

By the end of the movie, Will is driving off into the sunset to seek his fortune (the child-like Page part of him has been more or less healed and he has now stepped into Knight status... car=steed... seeking his fortune=emotional independence from the shackles of a miserable childhood). In time, his continued maturity will make him a full-blown King.

I'll try to post some more later as I'm pressed for time right now...