the devil reversed

Wonderwoman

I did a reading for a pregnant acquaintance, this card came up. it terrified me. can someone help me interpret this...

Sophie

What other cards were there? in which position did it come up? The Devil, among other things, shows us our shadow - forces us to free ourselves from bondage. Reversed, it could simply mean she's not yet ready to give birth ("free herself from the bondage of being pregnant"). It could also show she has low libido and doesn't feel like sex at the moment.

Wonderwoman

I also had the tower and 10 of wands. i just had really bad vibes.

Sophie

How many weeks is her pregnancy?

You just pulled three cards? Where was the Devil Rx in relation to the other two?

With the Tower, it looks pretty heavy, I agree.

One more question - how solid is her relationship with the father of the child?

Wonderwoman

she's due in about a month and a half. the devil's in the middle. outcome is tower. the knight in shining armour ran off.

Sienna

I always take the Devil Rx as being favourable, an end/freedom of bondage, enslavement, addiction etc. However have to say, don't like the sound of that Tower...

I would do a CC on it and see what other cards you get... imho you can't beat the CC for giving a good all round picture of what's going on.

Sx

Sophie

OK - I think it refers to her delivery then. She must be heavy (10 of Wands), physically and emotionally, if bf ran off. She's feeling constrained and unable to free herself (Devil rx) but will soon be liberated (Tower). It could be a difficult birth, but not necessarily. I would draw two more cards: consequence of the Tower for her, consequence for the baby.

Grizabella

I don't see the Tower as a bad card. I see it as meaning any kind of great big surprise, good or bad, that's something you didn't really foresee in your wildest imagination. Maybe it means the father will come back. Maybe the baby will be the opposite sex of what she thinks it's going to be. Maybe she's carrying twins and the ultrasound didn't show it. It could be anything. Maybe the baby will be the millionth baby born at that hospital and they'll give her all her baby supplies for the first year of baby's life. You never know. The Tower isn't a bad omen, although it sometimes could be. I just don't automatically jump to that conclusion.

And time frames aren't always immediate either. Maybe this is a long range thing with the Tower and it means this baby will be destined to discover the cure for cancer or AIDS or will be the first woman president, or will discover the "fountain of youth".

Wonderwoman

Thank you Sienna and Helvetica, I will do a CC on this tonite. she was told the baby was too heavy and that was the reason for the reading. Its interesting how i could see that with the 10 of wands already. what cards should i watch for that might indicate disaster...I mean not that the devil and the tower are not bad enough already

Grizabella

I see a reversed Devil card as a good thing as well, by the way, in addition to what I said above.