the navigators logbook

rwcarter

I should have volumes 2 and 3 sometime this week. I sense a revisit to my study of the Navigators....

Le Fanu

A couple of years ago when I was looking, I couldn't find Vol. I, but now it seems easily available. Just ordered. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to get through all 3 volumes.

I wonder how readable I'll find it.

rwcarter

I give Vol 1 a thumbs up. Hopefully the other two volumes are as good.

Le Fanu

I give Vol 1 a thumbs up. Hopefully the other two volumes are as good.
Goodie. Summer beach reading? Did you find that it referred a lot to the deck/ gave you new insights? Three volumes is quite a lot though. I don't think I've ever read a complete trilogy.

rwcarter

Quick overview from my failing memory, a sailor (swimmer) goes under and wakes up in the Navigators' universe. He meets an old man who nurses him back to health and tells him that he must complete a quest. At each stop along the way he runs into one of the Minor Arcana cards, which comes to life in front of him and he gets to interact with the characters in the card. IIRC the Minors book is only the 2s-9s. I think the Aces are covered with the Court Cards.

Endorphine

Bumping this old thread (would've sworn there was another one, but I can't find it) to say that while The Navigator's Dream: Vol 1: Riverlog has been available since 2006, I could never find the other two volumes in the series. Well, thanks to a friend, I found that Volume 2: Gulftide a Novel and Volume 3: Seatime a Novel are both available as of 2/28/12! I just ordered them both from Amazon.

Oh, it's a good news. Thanks. :) I already own the first one & have searched the others two for some time.

Though, i love her book [from the kit], unfortunately, it was rather hard [for me] to break through the first volume.
But i keep hoping, that some day i'll make it, really, uh. It will be useful for my english.
So far, it's easier for me to read & understand, than to speak [to write] & be understandable. :D

GoldenWolf

Quick overview from my failing memory, a sailor (swimmer) goes under and wakes up in the Navigators' universe. He meets an old man who nurses him back to health and tells him that he must complete a quest. At each stop along the way he runs into one of the Minor Arcana cards, which comes to life in front of him and he gets to interact with the characters in the card. IIRC the Minors book is only the 2s-9s. I think the Aces are covered with the Court Cards.

Okay, this explains why one of the listings I saw referred to it as a novel then. I was a little taken aback when I saw that. Do you remember if the interactions shed any more light on the meaning of the majors beyond what the LWB and the original Navigators guidebook had in it?

rwcarter

Okay, this explains why one of the listings I saw referred to it as a novel then. I was a little taken aback when I saw that. Do you remember if the interactions shed any more light on the meaning of the majors beyond what the LWB and the original Navigators guidebook had in it?
Well, the first book (which is the only one I've read yet) only dealt with pips 2-9 in each suit, and that book gave me much greater insight into the keywords that appear on the pips since many of them don't make sense to me.

Can't speak to the book on the Majors yet as it's volume 3 and I haven't even read volume 2 yet. :) Prob won't have time to skim through the book until Sat though to see.

Le Fanu

Ooh goodie. It's the Pips I always need extra info with...