It's the all singing, all dancing enabling Thread #3

FaireMaiden

Thanks so much Alta and evelone! I'm gonna go for the 'Golden'. I didn't realize the 'Touchstone' was all portraiture, so that was extremely helpful to me in making my choice. Another successful enabling! *lol*

greatdane

Kipling West's Halloween Tarot

OK, other than the cards alone are a mere 12.24 at Amazon, another reason to get this cute little deck?

Not sure if I want to be EN or DE EN abled on this one, so posting both places and weighing results....oh, it's so cute!

I know a ton of you must have this one!

Thanks,
GD

lunakasha

greatdane said:
OK, other than the cards alone are a mere 12.24 at Amazon, another reason to get this cute little deck?

Not sure if I want to be EN or DE EN abled on this one, so posting both places and weighing results....oh, it's so cute!

Thanks,
GD

If you love Halloween and find yourself attracted to the artwork of Kipling West, then this deck is a MUST have, in my opinion. })

And yes, the amazon price makes it almost irresistible. My favorite version is the slightly-smaller deck in a tin. The cardstock is PERFECT, and the tin allows you to take them with you everywhere.

:D Luna

rachelcat

Yes, yes! A must-have. It's clever and fun, the illustrations are excellent, and it's in a TIN! Can't lose! Oh, and there's a black cat on every card as a kind of Greek chorus. How could you possibly pass that up??!! (said the cat . . .)

Buy!

Glitterbird

greatdane said:

Thanks,
GD
Yes of course you want this deck!! It's a great special little deck that you can use year round. Or just save it for fall, to make it extra special.
It's creepy good fun. And it reads very true and easy. RWS system. Colors are bright and the pictures are clear. Whats not to love!!

greatdane

Thanks Glitterbird!

OOOH, it's cute!

GD

Silver Crow

I have both the Golden and the Touchstone. I would say get both, but first you should try the Golden. The cards are a dream to shuffle after a few days of break in, the size is shuffles well even for my short stubby fingers. The artwork is divine and easy to read if you are familiar with the RWS system.

The Touchstone cards are a bit larger, and a bit tougher to shuffle. The portraits take some getting used to, but after some time with it, it will all fall into place.

I like the Golden more for every day reading, and even use it for reading to elderly people who are not familiar with tarot, the nudity is classic and the artwork is easy for others to understand.

MysticalMoose

Another vote here for The Halloween! it's a great deck with a cheeky personailty :D Bright & cheerful & yes with black cats a plenty :) It's a good all round, all YEAR round deck. I have the Kit with the companion book which is well written & gives good info :) In fact this thread has prompted me to get mine out & use it so tomorrow it will be popped into my bag! Go For It! It's a deck everyone should have :D
})

FaireMaiden

Golden or Touchstone?

Silver Crow said:
I have both the Golden and the Touchstone. I would say get both, but first you should try the Golden. The cards are a dream to shuffle after a few days of break in, the size is shuffles well even for my short stubby fingers. The artwork is divine and easy to read if you are familiar with the RWS system.

The Touchstone cards are a bit larger, and a bit tougher to shuffle. The portraits take some getting used to, but after some time with it, it will all fall into place.

I like the Golden more for every day reading, and even use it for reading to elderly people who are not familiar with tarot, the nudity is classic and the artwork is easy for others to understand.
Thanks for taking the time to respond, Silver Crow... you gave a great review of the decks, which is much appreciated! I'm gonna go with the 'Golden' for now, *vbs*. Well-done!!!

Chiriku

I was going to request an "enablement" (real word? I care not) for the Place vampire deck but the Tarot of Vampyres thread currenty exploding is its own self-contained enabling thread par excellence.

Some of the posters in that thread (HearthCricket, HearthCricket, Hea--) are consummate enablers. I suspect they are used car salespeople in their daily lives.