Defacing the Rider-Waite

Richard

I have effectively removed the USG copyright from all 78 cards of my recently acquired "Made In Switzerland" edition of the RWS. There are tell-tale traces left on a few of the cards, but I will deal with that when they appear in a spread.

Attachments

• swiss.jpg
    swiss.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 310

Carla

How did you do it??

Yineth

This is going to sound awful in some parts, but I love you right now LRichard.

The deadly eraser strikes again! :D

Richard

Yes, the deadly eraser! Started with a somewhat abrasive ink eraser and finished with a pencil eraser. The part of the card adjacent to the copyright was protected with masking tape.

Richard

This is going to sound awful in some parts, but I love you right now LRichard.......

It is sweet of you to say that, Yineth. Right now I can't help but love you too. :)

jackdaw*

Oh wow. That's awesome. Didn't chew up the card surface, did it?

Gee, sure wish that'd work on my printed in China pocket Rider :laugh:

Zephyros

That's wonderful. I never understood why the RWS was marred by having the copyright on the image side (on the Thoth it is on the back). I wouldn't trust myself to do what you did, but its very courageous of you to even try!

rwcarter

Or if you want to go for wholesale defacement of your Rider, see the Pimp My Rider! thread over in Talking Tarot. I have a fully pimped out Rider Waite with black borders, cherry red and black edges and lots of coloring changes and additions to the cards done with markers and glitter polish. Pics abound in that thread.

Richard

Oh wow. That's awesome. Didn't chew up the card surface, did it?

Gee, sure wish that'd work on my printed in China pocket Rider :laugh:
I was careful to make sure that I was not damaging the card surface. The China Rider-Waite is too pretty to risk messing up. There is also an absolutely awesome Belgian mini Rider in which the copyright is so small that my old far-sighted eyballs can't even see it.

Richard

Or if you want to go for wholesale defacement of your Rider, see the Pimp My Rider! thread over in Talking Tarot. I have a fully pimped out Rider Waite with black borders, cherry red and black edges and lots of coloring changes and additions to the cards done with markers and glitter polish. Pics abound in that thread.
Sounds like the Albano-Waite on steroids! :)