The 3 Card, Relationship-Relationship Spread

divinerguy

No, its not redundantly repetitive. Its called a Relationship-Relationship Spread because its a reading about relationships, in which the cards are read "in relation" to one another. If you don't modify the card meanings based upon the other cards, the reading is not as meaningful.

You draw three cards. Card 1 is the querent. Card 3 is the other person. Card 2 is the dynamic between the two.

In this spread, you don't limit each of the card meanings to a specific aspect of the relationship.

Its a free-form reading. The querent card can refer to an emotion, a situation, on obstacle or anything about the querent that comes to the reader. The same holds true for the card representing the other person.

The middle card - the dynamic, links the two cards. It is the "dynamic" or the interaction between the two people cards.

These are the only limitations on the spread. They are intended to be read in relationship to one another.

Here's an example of how I think they influence one another:

Card 1 - 2 of Cups
Card 2 - Chariot
Card 3 - 7 of Swords

In Card 1, the querent obviously has romance or a relationship on her mind.
In Card 2, the Chariot suggests that her love interest is strong and forceful.
In Card 3, he sees the strength of her ardor, and tries to leave quietly, possibly after having sex with her. (Moving away with the swords in hand).

It is how I do relationship readings, because it allows for greater flexibility, story telling and intuition.

MeeWah

Divinerguy: That is interesting--just like a 3-card I call the Here&Now to determine the dynamics of a relationship or a situation! I also take a free-form view of the spread in that it permits a range of associations not limited strictly to the interaction between 2 people or a person & a situation, but also can indicate what is brought to the table.

divinerguy

Another advantage is that you'll seldom get stuck during a reading.

lunalafey

tell another story, the last was so good.

SO, DG. what would your story be for these 3 cards?
1. :T3S
2. :T4C - rev.
3. :TLOVE

divinerguy

Re: tell another story, the last was so good.

lunalafey said:
SO, DG. what would your story be for these 3 cards?
1. 3/Swords
2. 4/Cups - rev.
3. Lovers

Okay - the Querent has suffered or suffers from some type of sorrow, quite possibly related to loneliness or separation.

The Other Person has some legitimate feelings regarding the querent. Those feelings are not yet fully developed, but are obviously present.

The dynamic between the two is "new possibilities." There is the possibility the two may become closer on a friendship basis. This is suggezsted by the suffering of the querent and the emotional interest of the Other Person. Accordingly, it makes sense that conditions are favorable for a more close friendship.

Like all affairs of the heart, whether it goes further depends on the people involved.

Lunalafey - Is this what you read as well?

lunalafey

MY TURN TO TELL A STORY.......

you had visited my 'poor' ego post, have you been back? there has been a development because of it.
These cards pertain to this event.
Whenever I want to know about someone I draw 3 cards(sometimes 4) they are "open" in their meanings such as your spread. Now here's the fun part. While shuffling, I was thinking how funny it would be to draw the Lovers since this fellow is a Gemini. I was doing my final cut when cards fell from the deck, 3 of them. Upon turning them over I was face to face with the 6th card of the majors - go figure.
Yes, this is basically what I came up with, except the all cards are thiers. Having card #1 apply to me is VERY fitting because the last true lover I had was killed 4 years ago and I have not had anything meaningful since. I saw there to be wonderful potential no matter what direction this 'friendship' will take. We have yet to meet (4C rev) but look forward to getting to know each other.

tieduptinkerbell

Fab

this is a great spread...offered terrific insight to a relatioship I was reading about...

thanks

Bell

VoodooGyal

I just tried this spread, i felt at ease in doing the spread. So nice to have only 3 cards for relationship!

alegna

I only spoke his name...

Extra card popped out while shuffling.
Got me right there....

Very good spread~~! :)

Lain_82

I just tried this spread, and every card on it was a court card. I ended up drawing 3 clarification cards and they were more people!!! except the tower, but still, it has people on it too. It gives me the feeling that there are too many eyes on us, and too many "friends" sticking their nose in our relationship.

It is a really cool spread.