Queen of Cups and King of Pentacles

MariaPeea

So, recently in a reading I got these two together. I thought "wow! Well...thats different, but I kinda like it."

What do you guys think? Are the King of Coins and Queen of Cups a good match? They're clearly different, but I feel earth and water go together really well. I always think of, like, a garden (king) and then the water that makes it grow (queen). Also, I think 'elemental dignity' wise earth and water are friendly.

I also think of like, the King being a guy who is more concerned with being practical, like providing comfort, stability, and shelter to the relationship while the Queen is the one keeping the romance alive and being the emotional support for the hard working King.

Any thoughts?

Eddie

What position did they fall in and what was the question posed or subject matter?

At the moment they are just two random cards that could mean absolutely anything at all.

Eddie

MariaPeea

Eddie said:
What position did they fall in and what was the question posed or subject matter?

At the moment they are just two random cards that could mean absolutely anything at all.

Eddie

It was a "how does he feel" question. I took them out of a 'no position throwdown' kind of spread, which I didnt post the rest of in 'your readings' because I'm really just curious to know what people think of the two court cards together. I've seen a lot of the two courts of the SAME suit coming up, but i've never gotten a combination like that before.

Thirteen

The positive in this combo is that the emotional (Queen/Cups) is supported by the pragmatic/solid (King/Pents) and vice versa. So the person's feeling are both realistic yet deeply emotional; they can have romantic dreams, but they will be tempered with common sense. This is a good balance, as they check each other. The king's pragmatism is checked by the queen's empathy, and the queen's dreaminess is checked by the king's realism.

King & Queen also indicates a maturity in both emotions and practicality.

I'd say they were good cards to pull given the question. These two, however, do indicate a lack of energy of fire in the person's feelings. It's not just the missing wands suit, but the fact that both water and earth put out fires. The Queen/Cups can be depressed in her emotions, the King/Pents too practical and not warm enough.

So, in the negative you may need to watch out that this person may have feelings that are on the gloomy side, not warm and bright. It rather depends on what you're after from this person. If you're not interested in hot passion, then these two cards could be very good--but if hot passion is what you're after, well, it ain't there.

MariaPeea

Thirteen said:
The positive in this combo is that the emotional (Queen/Cups) is supported by the pragmatic/solid (King/Pents) and vice versa. So the person's feeling are both realistic yet deeply emotional; they can have romantic dreams, but they will be tempered with common sense. This is a good balance, as they check each other. The king's pragmatism is checked by the queen's empathy, and the queen's dreaminess is checked by the king's realism.

King & Queen also indicates a maturity in both emotions and practicality.

I'd say they were good cards to pull given the question. These two, however, do indicate a lack of energy of fire in the person's feelings. It's not just the missing wands suit, but the fact that both water and earth put out fires. The Queen/Cups can be depressed in her emotions, the King/Pents too practical and not warm enough.

So, in the negative you may need to watch out that this person may have feelings that are on the gloomy side, not warm and bright. It rather depends on what you're after from this person. If you're not interested in hot passion, then these two cards could be very good--but if hot passion is what you're after, well, it ain't there.

Thank you Thirteen, this was exactly the kind of discussion I was aiming at :)

You're so right about the gloominess, because he does tend to be moody. However -and I hope this doesn't ruin the thread in terms of 'rules'- but does it help with the fire if I tell you the next and last card was the Page of Wands? Its a young card, but its a very energetic one. It kind of looks, in terms of imagery, more like the Knight of Wands in typical RWS type decks then the page. So, I was happy to see that because the page was pointing towards the King and Queen.

"The positive in this combo is that the emotional (Queen/Cups) is supported by the pragmatic/solid (King/Pents) and vice versa. So the person's feeling are both realistic yet deeply emotional; they can have romantic dreams, but they will be tempered with common sense. This is a good balance, as they check each other. The king's pragmatism is checked by the queen's empathy, and the queen's dreaminess is checked by the king's realism."

Wicked, this is what I was thinking too. And seeing you write it out, it makes SO much sense when applied to the people in question ;).

When I saw this combo I also thought it was nice, because the King and Queen are clearly different but they're not polar opposites. Like, if it was the King of Cups and the Queen of Wands. I'm sure that could work depending on the other personality traits of the two people involved, but it makes me think that the King would always put out the crazy energetic fire of the Queen, and eventually she'd get bored and annoyed.

Eddie

MariaPeea said:
It was a "how does he feel" question. I took them out of a 'no position throwdown' kind of spread, which I didnt post the rest of in 'your readings' because I'm really just curious to know what people think of the two court cards together. I've seen a lot of the two courts of the SAME suit coming up, but i've never gotten a combination like that before.

I refrained from commenting because I am always wary of random cards that have been taken away from a full spread.

Thirteen has outlined the court characters beautifully but ultimately they will be defined further by the surrounding cards in the spread. Its questionable what you will actually learn from cards that have been removed from a spread and the question posed.

Surrounding cards will draw out the specific elements of the court cards that will give you the info you need.

Its the reliability that I like with this king and the caring, loving side of the queen. These two elements would be what attracts them to each other. In order for this queen to feel comfortable and safe with her inner most feelings she needs a reliable and trustworthy suitor, this king provides this. This king is a home maker and for this he need a queen that can provide the love and nurturing qualities that will help him build his castle. Every combo has its darker side, its what relationships are all about and making them work.

Eddie