Hanson-Roberts: Queen of Rods and the cat on her lap

mike gorth

I was just browsing through the deck and saw the cat. Does anyone know what the cat might mean?

Mike Gorth

tarotlova

I always look at the cat as trusting your deepest intuition exspecially the more wild side of your thoughts/intuition some times dark some times light.

Flavio

There was a thread on the RWS about Queen's cat. The main conclusion was that cats are the only animals not afraid of the fire, actually they enjoy the fireplace heat, so it is natural for this fiery queen to have one cat as a pet.

gorgeousbutterfly

in " the tarot,history symbolism and divination" by Robert M. Place he states the queen of wands "her feline companion is the domestic represntative of the lion" . lions are related to leo, a fire sign, the house of the sun, and the ultimate ruler of fire"

Flavio

I did a reading about a business relationship and this Queen appeared as "Fears" position, the conclusion was that in this reading the cat showed a lazy business partner that wasn's as enthusiastic and active as the Queen (the other partner).

EarthFaery

I always thought of the cat as independant, doing it's own thing. They are faithful companions but also like to be on their own, which fits very well with this queen. I've heard that some see it as representing the future although I can't exactly remember why but I suspect it's because it's said that cats have some level of psychic ability...like being able to see spirits etc.

cSpaceDiva

I agree with the cat being representative of the lion. As I posted in the thread for VIII Strength, I see some definite similarities between these two cards. That cat may be sleeping on her lap, and the lion's head merely a carving on her throne, but this a powerful queen who can respond with force if she is ever challenged. I think she is someone who can purr like a pussycat and roar like a lion.

Mateo06

She had once been one to tame lions, but has ruler of her own suit can't entertain he fantasies of adventure. The cat is a reminder of her ability to tame with fire. It is also her friend and companion. Just like the strength card.

Girl Archer

in " the tarot,history symbolism and divination" by Robert M. Place he states the queen of wands "her feline companion is the domestic represntative of the lion" . lions are related to leo, a fire sign, the house of the sun, and the ultimate ruler of fire"

But what perplexes me is that, in the Hanson-roberts deck, there is the imagery of one fiery, roaring lion right above the king's head. Likewise, there is the lion imagery in the Queen card too resting beneath the hand holding the sunflower. So, which one of these cards REALLY shows a Leo? :confused:

FallynRaiyn

I get contentment from the cat. Sleeping power. ......I have cats. too many cats. It doesn't matter how sound asleep they are, if they smell food, or you dangle something in front of them, anything, they are ON IT in an instant. 0-60 in less than a second. The Queen to me would seem to possess this, quiet and serene, but with an intense power underneath that she can access at a moments notice. ......The cat's sheathed claws would seem to fulfill part of this imagery too.