Season of the Witch Spread

Shade

This is a spread from my Halloween traditions thread in talking tarot. A lot of my fellow Wiccan's refer to this time of the year as the Season of the Witch so it felt appropriate. The items from the spread come from a picture I saw online attached below. Feel free to tinker with it and add other witchy items... i briefly briefly considered adding The Toad - a Prince who is getting in your way and needs to be transformed.

Season of the Witch Spread
The Witch Herself - Significator - sets the tone for the reading, the special powers the querent has and their ability to transform energy
The Cauldron - something percolating in your life - the matter of the reading
The Spellbook - the plan, where things are currently headed
The Black Cat - forces that are here to assist you
The Skull - a challenge that must be faced or conquered
The Broom - what you need to take your plans further

The Spell - in a recent workshop with Nattacia Zeviar I was inspired by the way she assigned herself a task based on her readings. I think of it as Homework. The spell cast by the reading is the way I can improve my life through action.

Spread is shaped like a witch's hat

_____1
____2_3
___4_5_6

Any suggestions? Since there is a grave in the image I had found I thought about a "things that have passed beyond" but that didn't seem to move the reading forward and witches are notorious for not being limited by such things as the mortal coil - especially on Halloween. Cerulean added the Raven from the attached image as a seventh card.

I tested this out with my Halloween tarot below.

Edited to add: Oops I didn't attach the pic the first time, corrected

Attachments

• witch.jpg
    witch.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 445

Shade

The Witch: The World
My power for transformation comes from learning from my mistakes and growing better because of them. I am a problem solver and look towards moving things upward and forward.

The Cauldron: Death
Currently I am brewing up some serious life change. I am in the process of reinventing myself. I am learning to cut things out of my life that no longer serve me. I am having a challenging time with the idea of getting rid of something I still enjoy or have fond memories of that I don't need in the next chapter. Lots of lifelong memorabilia should go as it doesn't leave room for the new.

The Spellbook: Four of Bats
The plan is very passive at the moment. I am in a quiet time where I am not making any big changes. I am focusing on being happy with what I have. As we will see later in the reading this is not the best plan.

The Black Cat: King of Bats
I am surrounded by good strategists. Especially in my career there are people around me with fantastic insight because they have "been there" and have the vision and experience to plot a steady course. There is also an individual I am in conflict right now who is a SERIOUS king of wands type. He is helping me without knowing it because he has galvanized many of my coworkers who are unhappy with the way they have seen him treat me.

The Skull: Knight of Imps (when this reading was done, this position signified a message from the ancestors)
The message from the ancestors is to work towards being more dynamic and more free. Clutter (real and metaphorical) must go. It would benefit me to be less apologetic in life and more confident.

The Broom: Ace of Bats
True reinvention will not come without sweeping a few things away for good. It is time for some new ideas. Time to speak less but much more clearly. Time to turn to a new page in that spellbook and be less passive. There are a few specific things in my career that will be improved by reorganization and time management.

The Spell: This week I will be very clear with the King of Bats. I will set some boundaries and make calculated use of the word no. I will also see what I can do to be more proactive in my career and take some stuff off my bosses' plates.

Guiding Cauldron

interesting spread thank you xx

however i tweaked it slightly for my use: i use different images for each position; but overall placed in a hat with brim formation too :)

***************(1)hat***********************
********(2)goblet******(3)flaming cauldron********************
****(4)spelbook***(5)wand***(6)familiar and animal totem************
**********(7)grave/skull***(8)broom***************************

i have 8 positions as:

- witches hat as :witch herself- special powers of said witch and the ability to transform energy.

- Goblet as: current emotional state of practicing witch

- Cauldron with creative fire: what bubbling around the witch currently in life.

- Spellbook: The plan. Formula of where things are currently heading.

- Witches Wand: How to improve the current situation through direct action.

- Witches Familiar: I'd use animal totem cards to find current animal guide and then continue with

tarot cards for knowledge about forces that are there to help the witch.

- Grassy Tombstone and Skull: Message from Witches direct ancestors; advice from those who know best to guide and balance the witch currently.

- Broom: What witch needs to clean up; for continued success.

Dolphin_Dreamer

Wow exactly what I've been looking for! I'll try them both... Thanks Shade and Guiding Cauldron Many blessing to you both ;)

Shade

Guiding Cauldron said:
Witches Familiar: I'd use animal totem cards to find current animal guide and then continue with

I really like this idea as it lets you add other decks into the mix. I'd probably use my Druid Animal Oracle but there are a lot of good variations.

Additionally you could use a different deck to select a card for the "Witch" position. The Good Witch Bad Witch Deck could work or Jessca Galbreth's new Enchanted Oracle - that I believe contains your avatar, Guiding Cauldron.

Guiding Cauldron

shade

glad you didnt mind my tweaking, i didnt know my avy was from the enchanted oracle! I'll have to add that to my wish list now :)

I like the idea of different decks too for the spread i want to try it out soon myself! And I already have good witch bad witch so thats perfect! TY xx

Shade

With Halloween season returning to us, I thought I would conjure this spread up for people to see. I really like Guiding Cauldron's spread, especially the use of the Witch's Familiar from an animal oracle. The goblet as emotional state also felt really nice in the spread - especially because it appeared in my mind as a hard-working with having at the cooking sherry as she slaved over her cauldron (imagine an occult Julia Child).

.traveller.

I just tried this and loved it! Some of the cards brought out a chuckle (6 of Cups=a message from your ancestors).

Dolphin_Dreamer

Wow I love these both and they look really useful, not just for the season... I love the picture supplied too! Thanks, I'll have to try these out

Schnee

Aaaahh October, Halloween!!

Thank you so much for these, they will be happily overused this month!! :D