Tyldwick Tarot

Altena

My deck also arrived today and my expectations were sky-high after reading all the posts here. Even so I was not disappointed at all, quite the contrary. I consider myself a serial polygamist when it comes to decks and have never been able to stick to just one, but if I did I believe this would be it. Not sure if I'll be able to commit myself to monogamy yet, but I can't see myself using any other (tarot) decks in the time to come.

I have usually opted for decks that have strong coloring and with details and symbols basically jumping off the paper. In my eyes as many details as possible would make it easier to find grounds for interpretation.

To use an example I have to say that I absolutely adore the Bonefire Tarot, but it does not read well for me. Honestly I have never seen a deck so lively in color and so rich in detail be so.....well, mute. Every time I lay out the cards it just clams up and refuses to let me in on anything. This has always been a frustrating aspect to me as I've been wondering why these seemingly "loud and showboating" decks won't speak to me. The Tarot of Dreams is another one.

Anyways, back to the point. Recently I've found that simple works wonders for me. I saw it first with the Lenormand Silhouettes and now today with the Tyldwick.

Oh, there are plenty of details in it and I notice more of them every time I look at the cards. Yet they are so subtle and delicate and I find that they read like a dream. They literally come alive when I look at them. I feel liberated by the lack of humans and other distractions. The minors and even the court cards(which I have always struggled with) are so coherent with their recurring themes and the images make perfect sense.

I was really on the fence with this one and found it hard to defend the steep price, but now I'm so thankful to all the enablers here. I shudder to think I almost passed on it.

Oh, and have I mentioned the perfect cardstock? It's a solid and sturdy deck, but not too thick, it's slick(yet not too slippery) and perfectly matte. And it has gorgeous gilded edges. The only thing that worries me is that I'll wear it out. Perhaps I should get a second copy just in case.

I got the complimentary postcards as well and my breath caught in my throat as I went through them. The Fool is one of my absolute favorite cards and I'm basically jumping in my seat with excitement just thinking about it :D

Juliana

Sorry if this was asked/answered earlier, but does anyone know how many decks were made in this run? Just trying to figure if I have the liberty of waiting a couple months to order, or if it is likely to sell out.

delizt

2000 deck were printed in this run. No mention of another..

PathWalker

I'm so glad that folks are enjoying the deck, as I love it so :)

Juliana, there were 2000 decks printed; there has been no conversation (as far as I know) from the ceator that he would have another run printed.
Not sure that helps you decide, but anyway...

Pathwalker

Juliana

Thank you! With 2,000 printed, I think it will be a bit before it sells out. And yet, I still couldn't hold out any longer. Purchased it today. It is so gorgeous. Watching a YouTube review just tipped me over the edge.

avalonian

I was managing to resist but then an email about it from a friend led me to check out what people were saying here. And then I found a brilliant review on YouTube by Marcus Katz (which may be the one that Juliana mentioned), his joyful enthusiasm finally tipped me over the edge.

And now the waiting begins...............

:) :) :)

Padma

Wow.

Kind of wish I didn't check in on these - now I waaaaant it! :p

Thanks everyone for such wonderful, thorough and enabling reviews! lol...I shall have to put this on my "to get" list.

Ziev

I received my deck today. I LOVE it! Even with my expectations very high I am very very pleased with this deck. It feels so special to me that I only want to read for myself with it. lol. I'm excited to explore it a bit more and to do the 'interview deck spread'.

Juliana

I was managing to resist but then an email about it from a friend led me to check out what people were saying here. And then I found a brilliant review on YouTube by Marcus Katz (which may be the one that Juliana mentioned), his joyful enthusiasm finally tipped me over the edge.

And now the waiting begins...............

:) :) :)

Yep, that is the same video I saw. :) Such a thorough video too! The wait will be tough. I wonder how long it takes to arrive in the states. *twiddles thumbs*

Ziev

Yep, that is the same video I saw. Such a thorough video too! The wait will be tough. I wonder how long it takes to arrive in the states. *twiddles thumbs*

Well, I ordered my deck on the 8th and it came in the mail yesterday. Just so you have an idea. =D