Delta Enduring Tarot

athenarebels

This deck looks great - the cards have been well-thought-out. The Devil was a new take, and one that made a lot of sense. Look forward to this deck's completion! Thanks for sharing the link with us, Athenarebels. :)

Yes! The Devil was very apt. I'm also pretty sure The Levee is The Tower, which is another really interesting representation. :)

Carojulie

I am amazed by this deck, I like both the art and the interpretation of classical RWS meanings. I am curious to see moore of the wand suit (oaks ?). I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the completed deck.

athenarebels

I am amazed by this deck, I like both the art and the interpretation of classical RWS meanings. I am curious to see moore of the wand suit (oaks ?). I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the completed deck.

Yeah the wands are oaks. I also noticed there aren't any court cards yet, so it'll be interesting to see where they go with that.

I LOVE the cat on Marie Laveau's tomb as the High Priestess.

RavenOfSummer

Very intrigued by this deck! I grew up listening to Delta blues and so have always had a fascination with this culturally rich region of Mississippi. One of my writing projects even centers on a Delta blues musician. I will be keeping an eye on this deck! Thanks for sharing, athenarebels.

rakusribut

Totally in love with this deck, can't wait for it to get published! Very intriguing and appealing atmosphere. Love the oysters as cups!

athenarebels

Bumping this thread with the link for the Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/762567073/the-delta-enduring-tarot

Deck is 40 dollars, and is estimated to ship in September. The kickstarter says it has 82 cards, I wonder what all those extras are?

Cool! Thank you! I can't wait to get this deck!

Also, four extras...maybe four court cards? I don't know much about Voodoo, although I recognize some references to it in some of the cards. Is there some significance in the number four with that?

CherryNukaCola

Thanks for the Kickstarter link! It's a very clever take on the RWS.

MissChiff

I'm from Louisiana, so this is home!

staticfuzz

Thanks for posting this. I love it. I love that the art is PCS-esque but very different images. For now I put the reminder on for Kickstarter but I have a feeling I'm going to get it. I don't actually know a lot about the Delta and the farthest south I've been is Maryland (well actually it's Tucson but southwest doesn't count) but I just love the deck.