• Mystic Readings

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Tarot, Tea, & Me

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Tarotsphere

Votes: 20 58.8%

• Total voters

Zephyros

So after looking at the new forums, I more or less narrowed the choices down to three who have shown sympathy with our plight. :D

The first is Mystic Readings which looks nice, and Kat Moon said she already added a Thoth section, although for some reason I can't find it. But, fixing that won't be a problem should that be the outcome of the poll.
http://mysticreadings.boards.net/

The second is Tarot, Tea, & Me which looks lovely, and already has a Thoth section. There's also a thread there that they're looking for moderators, so if anyone would wish to take it upon themselves to help out, I can safely say that moderating a Thoth forum amounts to minutes, sometimes seconds, a day. If anyone would wish to do this, I'm sure the entire community would be indebted to them.
https://www.littlefangtarot.com/forum/

Tarotsphere is the most extensive of the lot in terms of subject matter so if it should grow, would give us more than just the Thoth stuff. But the other forums may grow, too, and already are, exponentially. So with AT's dismantling, the numbers of members in each forum shouldn't be a consideration at this time, especially with us there to animate the place. Tarotsphere looks great and is easy on the eyes.
http://forum.tarotsphere.net/

Results will be anonymous, and we'll be able to see how many people prefer which forum and each will decide accordingly. Other forums are probably also looking for moderators, although they don't say so specifically. If they're not, that's fine, too, and we can have the freedom we had here.

DownUnderNZer

This is another one too and I like it so far more than two listed up there although they are still new and working on their sites .

Will miss AT....

http://cartomancy.forumotion.com/

DND :)

Zephyros

This is another one too and I like it so far more than two listed up there although they are still new and working on their sites .

Will miss AT....

http://cartomancy.forumotion.com/

The Cartomancy forum is a tough cookie, and I purposely left it out. Not only is Tarot rather an afterthought there (although it may expand) but there's no Thoth section, and its size means that we would have less leverage in asking for one. It's a good general-purpose Tarot forum, it's just that that's not what we're looking for.

DownUnderNZer

One of the mods there is a Tarot enthusiast and a few sub forums were opened up for members of AT to accommodate them a bit better. (Lucky them!).

Am sure if THOTH is important something could be put in place as long as you are clear about what you are asking.

May not be like here though with so many sub forums and it is smaller, but they are so great about everything.

The Cartomancy forum is a tough cookie, and I purposely left it out. Not only is Tarot rather an afterthought there (although it may expand) but there's no Thoth section, and its size means that we would have less leverage in asking for one. It's a good general-purpose Tarot forum, it's just that that's not what we're looking for.

DownUnderNZer

I know some have been asking for THOTH circles in the READING CIRCLES there so.....

thorhammer

I know some have been asking for THOTH circles in the READING CIRCLES there so.....

The owners at Cartomancy have already vetoed a specific Thoth subforum. Also for reasons undisclosed and forever mysterious Aeon418 objects to Cartomancy, and...well...I know it's not all about one person, but...

thorhammer

I'm not shy about saying I voted for Tarot, Tea and Me; this is largely because I like the cautious nature of its setup. It doesn't feel like it's trying to be a clone of AT.

I've been remarkably flaky with sticking to a Tarot practise for years now, but if I can stick with it again this time around I'd be open to moderating at TT&M.

Aeon418

The owners at Cartomancy have already vetoed a specific Thoth subforum. Also for reasons undisclosed and forever mysterious Aeon418 objects to Cartomancy, and...well...I know it's not all about one person, but...
You've just disclosed my undisclosed reason. No secrecy was intended though. I read the same 'Cartomancy veto statement' that everyone else did and made a decision on that new information.

thorhammer

You've just disclosed my undisclosed reason. No secrecy was intended though. I read the same 'Cartomancy veto statement' that everyone else did and made a decision on that new information.

Fair enough. I figured I'd missed something important in all my long months out of the fold.

I like the Cartomancy place for the established community and the emphasis on more scholarly oracle use. Read all the drama you like into that statement, you'll still underestimate my feelings on non-scholarly oracle use.

But I'd like a space to replicate this Thoth University, and Cartomancy isn't the place for that, I think.