Astrology and prediction of time of death?

Diana

Now, I don't know a thing about astrology, although I am convinced that it is a very exact science. I have great respect for it, but can't study it (yet) simply because of a lack of time and priority-setting.

So about once a year, I get some feedback from astrologists on my life.

Now the last astrologist I saw (new one), who seems very knowledgeable (but how could I know), predicted the year of my death and also what I will die of. Luckily it's not too frightening (but I suspect if it had been, he wouldn't have approached the subject).

My question is, is this possible? Or is he a fake? Or someone just misguided?

Thanks for giving me your feedback.

AquarianGoddess

Hi Diane,

First, I would like to know if you brought up the topic of your death, or did he?

Secondly, I’m not here to judge anyone, but can only offer my opinion on the subject of predicting death with astrology:

My philosophy of astrology is that it’s a tool for self-discovery, to better understand others’ and to determine what trends may develop in one’s life. However, it cannot and should not be used to plot every single step taken in life, or to predict death. No astrologer is God and no matter how much knowledge one has garnered about the subject, predictions will never even be close to 100% accurate. All signs, planets, houses and aspects have a multitude of meanings and combinations of such can manifest in hundreds of way, or not at all..

I remember years ago when George Bush Sr. was president, he had a myriad of tough transits to his sixth house, and almost every astrologer predicted (in writing) he would suffer serious health problems; he didn’t. The Pope is another favorite of astrologers, again, the majority predicted he would be dead before the year 2000, of course he’s still living. Another prognostication that never occurred was when a well-known astrologer predicted THE BIG California earthquake would erupt 1990. That too, never materialized. The other side is, no one predicted Princess Diana’s (and her chart was a favorite of astrologers) death and although much was written last year about the Saturn/Pluto opposition, not one author even came close to seeing the horrific death and destruction that took place in New York.

What I’m trying to say is astrology has a useful purpose if it is used wisely, and in my mind predicting anyone’s death isn’t wise.

AG

Diana

AG, thanks a million for your clear answer. No, I never asked any questions on my death - it wouldn't have occurred to me to ask. (Pity I can't rely on what he said though, 'cos it was pretty nice!!)

Now that I have your answer, I reckon this guy's a bit silly and unwise. With good intentions, I am sure, but I won't go back to him again.

Anyway, unfortunately, I have never been able to know the exact time of my birth - it's always give or take a few hours, so this seems to create some confusion when dealing with my planets.

Thanks again.

jade

how in the world could any astrologer predict anything accurately for you (details especially) if they don't know your exact time of birth.

that tells you right there that he doesn't know his stuff.

in light,
jade

AquarianGoddess

Jade,

I couldn't have said it better myself. Without a birthtime the areas of life (houses) are unknown, so how one could even THINK of predicting death (or much else) is unfathomable (although there are other charts that can be used, they're not nearly as effective as a chart with a correct birth time). I"m thinking it's very possible that he has some fixation about death and that's why he includes same in his readings.

Diana

Thanks Jade and AG. Does this mean that I should forget completely about astrology helping me on in life and turn to other sources? (Because of the uncertainty of my hour of birth?) Or is there still some measure of accuracy? Or not enough to be worthwhile?

jade

well, i can't speak for your chart, but we gave up on my hubby's. he doesn't know when he was born and his moon and ascendant can be different (from what i remember) depending on when he was born that day.

in light,
jade

jade

i just looked at his chart and depending on when he was born....
his ascendent (rising) is aquarius (13-14 degrees) and his moon is sag - from 11 to 24 degrees.
his sun is gemini. (19-20 degrees)

so i was wrong and just wanted to correct myself.

in light,
jade :)

purplelady

Just a thought for the people who don't know their birthdate or time . IF you were born in the US , you should be able to get ahold of a copy of your birth certificate. Do you know the hospital you were born in? Or even the city you were born in? You can contact the hospital OR the city government and with some phone calls learn where to order a copy, which will probubly take 6 to 8 weeks. Even if the birth was not in a hospital , were the police or a hospital or a doctor called afterwards? There Should be a record or birth certificate. If you are born in another country , that's another story and I wouldn't be sure how or if a birth certificate can be obtained.
As for Sept 11 th , it would be interesting to learn if Anyone , astrologer or otherwise, maybe someone involved in divinatory arts had predicted this?

purplelady

Maybe that shows the vast unpredictability of life.