Choices Spread

Mojo

Here is another one of my favorite spreads. This spread is specifically for people who are trying to make a decision between two choices. I suppose this could be used to choose between more than 2 by just adding some additional paths to it, but the 2 choices usually come down to following your head or following your heart, so this one handles that nicely.

----3---2----
------1------
-----4-7-----
----5---8----
---6-----9---

1. This card represents the querent in regards to the question - this is the root or driving motivation

2. This card represents something the querent knows or something they can see about this situation

3. This is something the querent DOESN'T see, but needs to know

4-5-6 This represents one choice... I usually assume this to be following one's head.

7-8-9 This represents the other choice. I usually define this as following one's heart

4 & 7. This is something the querent needs to do to make this work

5 & 8. This is something that needs to be done on the querent's behalf by someone else in order for this to work

6 & 9. This is the expected outcome of this choice

Rhiannon

Now could you use this spread if someone wants to make a choice say.. between 2 men or 2 women? I get alot of these type questions and I usually just do 2 seperate Celtic Crosses. One for each potential love interest.

Thanks!
Rhiannon :)

ericadoe

Do you pull the first card from the deck consciously, as a significator? Or do you just lay the cards out after shuffling, and use that interpretion for of the question?

KyrieSummer

Mojo - I like the looks of this spread. I will have to try it soon. Thanks for posting!!!

Mojo

Rhiannon,

Yes.. I've used this for choices between people as well. It's particularly useful for that since there is a "what someone has to do on your behalf" card in each option....

ericadoe, I don't pick a significator for this spread, I just let the shuffle provide all of the cards.... the #1 card then really talks to the state of mind of the querent, much like the #1 card in a celtic cross.

Rhiannon

Thanks, Mojo! You have no idea how useful that will be with a few of my friends! LOL

Rhiannon :)

jaled

Rx

Do you use reversed cards for this spread,dear Mojo?