Your very own list of "Top Ten Decks of All Time"

The crowned one

I can not count to 10.

For reading:

Radiant Rider-Waite,Albano-waite,Rider-waite-smith( basicly one deck)
Aquarian (sentimental, I do not even own one right now so if anyone has a hard box morgan press for trade... ;))
Royal fez (I just know i will)
la corte dei tarocchi
cary-yale

Art:

Not in order:

Victorian romantic
Fantastic Menagerie
Nouvel Jeu De tarots avec les personages Napoleonies
le tarot de Gruyeres
Golden tarot

Historic

Visconti-types
Marseille'-types

My least favorite popular deck is the "Guilded" I never got on with it. Goes to show its a personal taste thing as most everyone agrees this is a very good deck.

It seems I am going to have to remove two decks...let me think...

Promise

Oh my!...decisions, decisions, decisions!

Well, well, let me think...

I can't say this is in any particular order, but I'll give it a go:

Bohemian Gothic (standard)
Victorian Romantic
Baroque Bohemian Cats (1st edition, please)
Tarot of Prague
Sakki-Sakki
Noblet
Chronata's Minute Deck
Gummi Bear Tarot (Hey, it was one of my first! I'm rather partial to the little bugger)
Universal Waite
Oracle Tarot

Sulis

1. World Spirit
2. Pearls of Wisdom
3. Morgan Greer
4. Glastonbury - for magic
5. Sheridan Douglas
6. Renaissance Tarot - Jones / Lyle
7. DruidCraft
8. RWS - my old Rider version
9. Heron Conver
10. Stone Tarot

shadowdancer

Deirdre of Sorrows
Fey
Druidcraft
Bright Idea
Osho Zen
Gilded
ToD
Cosmic
Rohrig
Book of Kaos

Regards,

Davina

The crowned one

There are some interesting decks being listed here, I am enjoying reading through these. A few I will need to check out.

gregory

The crowned one said:
There are some interesting decks being listed here, I am enjoying reading through these. A few I will need to check out.
Polish the Visa card...... })

SolSionnach

Okay... this is gonna be hard!
My desert island decks...

1. Greenwood Tarot - simply divine

2. Haindl Tarot - like a new deck after the borderectomy - gorgeous!

3. Light and Shadow Tarot - like a third arm

4. Shining Woman/Tribe Tarot - just beautiful, deep, searching the soul.

5. Vachetta Tarot (Del Solleone) - the star of my collection!

6. Druid Animal and Plant Oracles - I know, not tarots, but since I'm selling Wheel of Change, I couldn't very well leave it here!

7. La Corte dei Tarocchi - art for art's sake

8. Omaggio a Erte - just beauty!

9. Ironwing Tarot - a bit like that dangerous dude that you are *so* attracted to...

10. Ma'at Tarot - irreplaceable.

... which makes me wonder - what would happen if Shadowscapes and Mary-El turn into must-haves? I guess it would have to be a dozen decks, then.

... and now that I think about it - why am I keeping any of the others? Perhaps there should be another massive deck culling sale in the future?? })
What would it feel like, to own 10 decks, instead of 90? I'm thinking that it might feel really *clean*.

Sravana goes off to stuff every other deck in a box somewhere, just to see what it feels like.

ETA - well, I *am* selling off a huge number of decks here, right now! and it does feel really good. :)

Debra

sravana said:
What would it feel like, to own 10 decks, instead of 90? I'm thinking that it might feel really *clean*.

Sravana goes off to stuff every other deck in a box somewhere, just to see what it feels like.

....er....

Sravana?

You ok?

:D

SolSionnach

Debra said:
....er....

Sravana?

You ok?

:D

Actually, I have indigestion! lol
And I haven't gotten up from the computer yet to begin stuffing decks in boxes. Come to think of it, I don't have a suitable box! :\

The wind is blowing outside like a MF - spring has sprung - it's all from the South, heavy, wet - and will be producing thunderstorms very soon. I guess it's time to get my @$$ out of this chair and walk the dog before I can't (she's a medium-sized poodle, and at 18 lbs, I don't want her to blow away!)

FaireMaiden

Well... after giving this quite a bit of consideration, I will list my 2 'Top Ten Decks of All Time' because they are the only ones I read with... Hence, if all my decks were to be lost to me, these would be the first ones I would replace... (I included 'PsyCards', but did not count them, as they are an Oracle deck... but still, I would replace them before replacing anything listed below them)...

1. Universal Waite
2. Hermetic
(2 a. PsyCards)

Alas, trying to narrow-down my 'Top Ten Decks of All Time' to include only 8 more is quite impossible... There are only 4 I actually own that I would include in this list...

3. All Hallows Kick-Ass Gold
4. Bohemian Gothic Silver
5. Tarot Whispers at the House of Dusk
6. Victoria Regina

The rest of my personal 'Top Ten' I have yet to acquire, *lol*... As I attain them, I will come back and add to the list, *s*... However, let it be known, right here and right now, that I state EMPHATICALLY that 'Ten' is not enough for a 'Top' tarot-anything list!!! :p:p:p

p.s. Where's the 'Top Ten Oracles of All Time' list???

eta: Hmmm... have just been informed that this is supposed to be a 'Top Ten' of decks that we own... In that case, here are the rest:

7. Ansata
8. Druidcraft
9. Housewives
10. Wannabe