Astrological Layout/Zodiac Spread

lunalafey

this spread is in the form of a circle.
The first card is placed at about the 8:30 position on the clock. Place 12 cards going counterclockwise. Cards 3&4 are at 6'o'clock, 6&7 are at 3, and 9&10 are at 12'o'clock.
card positions:
1: Aries; personallity, attitudes, and how one interacts within the world.
2: Taurus; financial & material matters, principals
3: Gemini; communication, education, siblings & travel
4: Cancer; home, family, childhood, fatherly infuences
5: Leo; pleasures & leisure, romance & creativity relationships with children
6: Virgo; work & responsibilities, health, helping others
7: Libra; close partnership & working relationships, alliances & marriage
8: Scorpio; hidden influences, life cycle, sexuality & psychic awareness
9: Sagittarius; religion & philosophy, law, foriegn cultures & long distance travel.
10: Capricorn; career & ambitions, self-esteem, achievments & public status
11: Aquarius; social life & aquaintences, hopes and wishes
12: Picses; subconscious, strengths & weaknesses, restrictions

Per AG's(and other's) Q about using this for the lunar cycle, I suppose that the cards could be layed out starting in the position that the sign that the Moon is in. This comes down to personal prefference though.

Minderwiz

Hi Luanalfey, Sorry that I missed your posting here before posting a similar spread in the Astrology section in response to AG.

Our spreads are very similar and the only thing that strikes me since both postings is that if the object is to make some predictions of what might happen (or at least trends ) then it might be better to see the placements as Houses, rather than signs (though most modern astrologers do see signs as naturally associated with houses). Thus the seventh House card would say something about relationships, partnerships, marriage, open enemies. The Houses are the places or areas of our lives in which things happen.

If the object of the reading is related to a period of time then not only could we treat each card as a twelfth of the period, we could also invest it with some of the qualities of the sign it represents in placement terms. Thus the first card may relate not only to the first part of the time period but might have an Aries colour, indicating that in this period we are more thrusting and assertive.

It's just a thought - I've not in anyway tested it and would welcome feedback from others who have.

Minderwiz

lunalafey

The thing that I find so wonderful about this spread is that it is so versitile. It can be used as say, the Moon(or sun for a year reading) is in Aries from mid-tues to early thurs, and the card in position one is the 6/cups, so that card would apply to that time period, etc. I *think* that was sort of what AG was getting at, or maybe my perconcieved idea of reading this way, got between me and understanding. As is explained in the book that shows the spread, it is more of a year thing and the positions apply more like you described, as houses and those life issues. Quite a few years back I did a few months of readings by matching the moon position and the cards, I remember that I was quite astonished at times, notes are buried deep in storage, so that is all I can offer.
The potential with this spread I feel is as great as ones imagination and creativity can take them.
Since I have become much more familiar with astrology, reading the cards have taken to a whole different level and I can no longer see NOT mixing the two.

Thirteen

My fave spread

I use this spread almost exclusively--it was, in fact, my first spread when I was learning tarot. I like it a whole lot better than the Celtic Cross because its circular pattern unites the cards and allow patterns to be seen (repetition of suits, predominance of numbers or major archana, etc). Just IMHO on that one.

Strega

I'm printing this out. Thank you for posting this spread, lunalafey. :)

Minderwiz

I'm going to try the spread out over the next couple of weeks and post about how I go on. As my Tarot is a lot weaker than my Astrology I may also end up posting for help to!

Minderwiz

lunalafey

Re: My fave spread

Thirteen said:
I use this spread almost exclusively.... its circular pattern unites.....

I'm so used to the CC, it is common, that I never thought to use the Zodiac primarily. The Circle in it's self is just so natural. AND I really like the number 12!

Minderwiz

Now here's synchronicity at work. I've got my latest Tarot lesson through and there are a number of questions about the Astrological Spread.

As I get into it you might well find me posting suggested interpretations and asking for opinions

Minderwiz

Minderwiz

OK I've now got three possible readings I'd like some opinions on.

The first is the three of wands in the seventh house - which I feel in the birth of a succesful new business partnership (partnerships are ruled by the seventh house) or success coming to a business partnership.

As an alternative I thought it might mean a personal voyage of discovery that was made possible through the firm foundation of a marriage. The marriage allows the person to discover themselves!

The second is the Ace of Swords in the Tenth - which I find the most challenging of the 3. All I can think of is a new career that requires intellectual effort - gaining social status as an intellectual. The tenth is career, social status, honour and mother (or father depending on which parent you assign to the fourth).

Finally a question on what institution a person might become associated with if they have the seven of wands in the sixth. My feeling is that this is a hospital/doctor's surgery, either because they make themselves physically ill by trying to do to much or actually get hurt trying to defend themselves

Any views?

Thirteen

Minderwiz said:
The second is the Ace of Swords in the Tenth - which I find the most challenging of the 3. All I can think of is a new career that requires intellectual effort - gaining social status as an intellectual. The tenth is career, social status, honour and mother (or father depending on which parent you assign to the fourth).

You don't have to think this "large"--it might just be, simply, a fresh new dialogue with someone (father or boss or perhaps an interview) which may lead to a new career or status. Or it could be a completely new IDEA for a career, rising up in your mind, all air just now, but beginning to take form. Remember, aces are unforcused energy--in this case, mental energy/word energy. Perhaps you're contemplating a speech or debate?

Finally a question on what institution a person might become associated with if they have the seven of wands in the sixth. My feeling is that this is a hospital/doctor's surgery, either because they make themselves physically ill by trying to do to much or actually get hurt trying to defend themselves

Odd interpetation. The 6th house, Virgo, is not just "institution" but also work and health. And responsiblities. Thinking of 7/W in that respect, it starts to make sense. 7/W is the "hold-your-ground" card, don't give into pressure, maintain your individuality. So it's your responsbility, in work (perhaps?) to stand your ground. Don't give into pressure (I could see here someone being pressured by a boss or co-workers to go along with something they don't find ethical, or don't trust--hold your ground, don't give in!). Or it might be that you're being urged to take risks with your health. Again, stand your ground, don't let your friends or anyone else (doctors?) pressure you into taking or doing anything with your body you don't want to--you don't believe is right for you.

I don't quite understand HOW you got a hospital/doctor/surgery!? 4 of swords, I could see it. But 7/wands? Wands are related to career, faith, passion. Not medicine (unless that is where your passion/faith rests). Wands are more the suit of travelers, or people energized and on a mission. Unless you work in a hospital? Or were trying to merge "institution" and "heath"???

That help?