GD Temple Tarot

Richard

New book by Harry and Nicola Wendrich. Looks interesting.

Barleywine

Interesting indeed. But I would have to be able to afford the deck before I could even begin to think about trying to afford the book. The deck I want, the book will have to wait. The last time I saw the Path of the Serpent illustrated was in Denning and Phillps' Llewellyn book, The Sword and the Serpent; it looked remarkably like the illustration on the cover of this book. But I suppose there are only so many ways to draw a serpent threading its way upward through the sephiroth.

Richard

This snake on the cover was done a bit carelessly. Usually it is depicted as touching or crossing each of the connecting paths in the exact order in which they are traversed when the ten Rosicrucian/GD degrees (corresponding to the ten Sephiroth) are taken in order from Zelator 1 = 10 to Ipsissimus 10 = 1 (as outlined, for example, in Part Two of Case's minor masterpiece The True and Invisible Rosicrucian Order).

Zephyros

I wonder why Nick himself didn't write the book. Didn't he create the deck, or does it just follow the system of his order?

foolMoon

I could not find it in Amazon. Maybe it is only for sale from the publisher? Maybe only limited copies available too?

The note about Archetypes from the book seems relevant to what I was studying recently.

foolMoon

Thanks for the link. As Barleywine says the book seems have allocated chunky part of it discussing about the GD colour scheme based on the GD Temple Tarot deck, and it really would seem shine its full capacities when worked along with the deck.

I too, will try to get hold of the deck first. I saw the deck used for sale in the local occult shop last week. Hope it will still be there.

Richard

Thanks for the link. As Barleywine says the book seems have allocated chunky part of it discussing about the GD colour scheme based on the GD Temple Tarot deck, and it really would seem shine its full capacities when worked along with the deck.

I too, will try to get hold of the deck first. I saw the deck used for sale in the local occult shop last week. Hope it will still be there.

I am interested in the color scheme, because the Golden Dawn was incorrect in assuming that all colors could be mixed from a single choice of red, yellow, and blue. The only three colors that have the theoretical possibility of producing a large gamut of strong colors are cyan, magenta, and yellow, which are used in printing. However, until fairly recently, a good magenta pigment suitable for paints was not known, and the Wendrichs wanted to design the cards as oil paintings. Now several quinacridone colors have been produced which are suitable for magenta pigments, and I assume that this was incorporated into the color scheme for the Tarot deck.

I have the deck, which I think is the very best of all the GD decks artistically. The book is not in my budget yet, but I intend to get it.

foolMoon

I am interested in the color scheme, because the Golden Dawn was incorrect in assuming that all colors could be mixed from a single choice of red, yellow, and blue. The only three colors that have the theoretical possibility of producing a large gamut of strong colors are cyan, magenta, and yellow, which are used in printing. However, until fairly recently, a good magenta pigment suitable for paints was not known, and the Wendrichs wanted to design the cards as oil paintings. Now several quinacridone colors have been produced which are suitable for magenta pigments, and I assume that this was incorporated into the color scheme for the Tarot deck.

I have the deck, which I think is the very best of all the GD decks artistically. The book is not in my budget yet, but I intend to get it.

Interesting. I think it had been discussed in other thread under Thoth / GD forum recently. I didn't pay much attention to the discussions at the time due to not having the deck in my collection.

I think my local occult shop still has the deck albeit in used condition for sale, so I will be heading there this week trying to rescue her. :D

foolMoon

Golden Dawn Temple Tarot

Went to the local occult shop, and the deck was there still for sale. I asked the shop keeper if I could have a look at the deck, and she kindly handed it over to me. When I looked into each cards closely, I couldnt believe the beauty of the images and its colourings of each and every card. It is a beautiful deck with aura of inexplicable magical energies.

I had to buy it, so did. Came home and did some readings with the deck. It is reading very well. So thank you for introducing me this deck. I am glad and grateful.

I will try to get the book as well, but with so many books arrived lately from Amazon, and waiting to be read, it is no hurry.