reading for someone online?

Vespertine

Hey~

I've gotten kinda interested in doing tarot readings for some of my online buddies. I figured it would be a good way for me to learn to do readings for other people (i've only done them for myself) without having to feel as intimidated as i probably would if i was doing it in person.

What do you guys think? Is reading for people through the internet okay, or is it something I should avoid (someone told me i shouldn't do it)?

Thanks a bunch! :)

SherryZoned

you should check out the Reading exchange..it is ok to do them online..

Vespertine

RedWood~

Heh...heh...after i posted that question, i found the Reading Exchange boards...guess that cleared my question up :-\

I was just wondering if it was okay to do them online because I asked a net buddy about it, and he said that online readings aren't a good idea. Go Fig :-\

Thanks a lot!!!

destinyawaitsme

Well, I've done readings online for a while. The reading itself isn't a problem, but some times you run into some pesky people. Which I guess that's true whether you are doing them in person or not. I thinkt he Reading Exchange is a great place to start and you'll have a more understanding audience here than anywhere else. :)

wavebreaker

Hi Vespertine,

Whether online readings are a good idea or not is a very personal thing. For some people it works fine, for others it doesn't (as you can read in the thread that zorya has linked to).
So just give it a try to see whether it works for you!

Good luck!

Alex

my take

Sincerely speaking I don't know about the process of "choosing the cards" and how one's presence affects the cards draw.

I can say, however, that having the person face-to-face adds a lot to the interpretation of the cards. Non-verbal cues add some to the knowledge we have of the other. The person's input too adds to the interpretation.

However, I've had people throwing a reading for me over the NET and the spreads they got were surely mine. The interpretations are not always very good but I attribute that to two things: lack of background information and input during the reading and sometimes lack of time and mental organization to put the interpretation in written. Believe it or not some people cannot write down their ideas in a consistent and clear way.

Hope that has added some to the discusison.

Sorceress_Jade

ur friend may have also been referring to the automated readings that you can get at some websites.

Alex

Alex.

That's true, she was initially. Uhm, the problem I've had with these sites is that the interpreation is often a row of keywords and frases of a limited scope. If you know how to read the cards, the online algoriths aren't so bad.

Sorceress_Jade said:
ur friend may have also been referring to the automated readings that you can get at some websites.

divinerguy

I've probably done 200-300 online readings. Its fun, you can help someone who can't afford an in-person reading, and if you do it by e-mail, you can really put some thought into the reading.