Death and Wheel of Fortune

May

I'm not sure if another thread exists on this discussion. For the past 3-4 months i have seen both the cards appear all the time in my readings. Many times they have appeared together.

To me both signify change. Wheel of Fortune to me signifies an internal change in how we percieve things. Death to me is a door shut.

Together they may mean that a door shut might lead to stepping into a different phase of life - a more aware one.

Would like to know what everyone thinks

nisaba

I think that's fair. The Wheel also has an element of being out of control about it - the wheel of fortune grinds on no matter what you do, so I'm thinking whatever changes and endings are coming up for you, you won't be the one to instigate them and they will be turbulent and disturbing for you.

However, there's not a lot you can do, so hold on tight for the ride and just wait until it all settles down.

Al Si'ra

Lately, when I see the wheel...to me it is, coming in full circle..together with death, it may mean that some matter will find a full closure..

:love:

Eddie

May said:
I'm not sure if another thread exists on this discussion. For the past 3-4 months i have seen both the cards appear all the time in my readings. Many times they have appeared together.

To me both signify change. Wheel of Fortune to me signifies an internal change in how we percieve things. Death to me is a door shut.

Together they may mean that a door shut might lead to stepping into a different phase of life - a more aware one.

If Death came first in the reading, then you have been going through a period of change. The death card has ring of whether we like it or not. The change will effect the way we think feel and act. It is fundamental, it is something that needs to happen to us, it is part of the way we have to evolve and develop for the better good.

These dramatic changes that have been and will be happening to you, will give to better times. A lucky break! Especially in an area of your life that has been difficulty due to the changes.

Eddie

tarotcognito

In a CC reading I did for a young lady a couple of weeks ago, Death appeared as the heart of the matter and the Wheel over it as a major influence. Death I interpreted as forces indicating major internal changes and coming to terms with them before being able to move on. I took the Wheel to mean that things, as bleak as they were now, were starting to take a turn for the better, even if she couldn't consciously feel it.

Rovay

If they keep showing, it means one thing to me - you have not yet done the change they ask for.

brightcrazystar

My instinct would be to look for elements of venus in the cards. Both The paths attributed to Scorpio (Death) and Jupiter (Wheel of Fortune) connect in the sphere of Venus, Netzach. This word means Victory, so I would look for the 6 of wands, any 7 (sacred to Venus) or cards with a connection to venus.

Scorpio is the skin, hair, and nails, and Jupiter is generally the Liver, part of the system attributed to excretary/urinary tract - so I would also look out for 4 of Swords, Justice, or other elements of Libra.

This might be a sign you are not getting enough water, and need to hydrate for proper liver function, or indicate issues with the liver or kidneys. It may also indicate an element of alchohol-related issue. Alchohol is fermented sugar, and sugar is sacred to venus. This is why both of these pour into the experience of Venus in Scorpio, so it could be an expression of 7 of Cups which still allows interrelation with other cards that act upon other elements of these same cards at the same time to convey different things.

SunChariot

May said:

To me, the Death card means that something will end, to make room for something better. Not just an ending but it also contains the reminder that nothing happens in life that is not in ultimately in our best interest in some way. The reminder that all works out for the best. It says that something will end, but that it is meant to for a good reason, to make room for something else in the querent's life that is good, positive and ulatimately will be better for them.

The Wheel, for me, means that something unexpected will happen that the querent did not plan on or even imagine would happen. It says directly that this thing of event was sent directly and unexpectedly from the universe and was not something that person planned on or worked towards.

Taken together, for me their meanings would blend and say that something will end unexpectedly in the querent's life. They did not look for it to end or try to create the ending. The universe just decided it was time and in their best interest for this to end. It had to end just when it did, to make room for something better that is meant to come into their lives.

EG a job ending, and the person then gets a new job at a place where they meet the love of their lives a few weeks later. The universe knew that that person was there and they would meet, so the first job had to end for them to get the second one and meet them. They could not have possibly planned on this as they did not even know this person yet, much less how to meet them. But the universe did and they had to lose the job to get onto the better thing.

Babs

May

Thank you all for sharing your insights

brightcrazystar said:
My instinct would be to look for elements of venus in the cards. Both The paths attributed to Scorpio (Death) and Jupiter (Wheel of Fortune) connect in the sphere of Venus, Netzach. This word means Victory, so I would look for the 6 of wands, any 7 (sacred to Venus) or cards with a connection to venus.

Scorpio is the skin, hair, and nails, and Jupiter is generally the Liver, part of the system attributed to excretary/urinary tract - so I would also look out for 4 of Swords, Justice, or other elements of Libra.

This is an extremely interesting take on these cards. And as you say there have been Six of Wands, Four of Swords and justice around these cards!