Self Understanding Spread.

The Hanged Man

Here is a spread which will help one come to an understanding of oneself in the midst of a particular situation, or just in general. The spread causes us to question how well we really know ourselves, by telling us about what factors do and do not contribute to our being.

1. This is what I am.
2. This is what I am not.

3. This is what I have.
4. This is what I do not have.

5. This is what I think.
6. This is what I do not think.

7. This is what I feel.
8. This is what I do not feel.

9. Important issue.

As for the layout, then just lay it out however you would feel comfortable, but I would do it this way:

If you fancy giving this spread a try, if you like, post your results on the 'Your Readings' section for discussion. I find this spread deeply insightful, it often gives me some suprising insights about myself which I would never have considered otherwise.

inanna_tarot

wow! I am liking this spread a lot! Thank you for sharing it here with us. I'll definately be using this one.

Sezo
x

The Hanged Man

You're welcome Sezo,

Hope you find it insightful. (;

Rabbit

I am going to try this spread tomorrow. Lately, I find myself changing...

Astraea Aurora

Hi The Hanged Man,

I find your spread very insightful for myself. I was just wondering about position 9 "important issue". Do you mean an important factor about one`s self? I`m just curious, in my reading it would make sense that way.

Blessings, Astraea Aurora

EnglishRose

Thanks Hanged Man for posting this one. I copied it down earlier and am going to try it out once i get some peace and quiet later on today.
Sophie xx

The Hanged Man

Hi Astrea,

Yes, I suppose you could see it as an important issue about oneself. The position is just to throw something extra up to pay special attention to, this could be anything, given the context of the reading.

xXx

Rabbit

I got caught up with the trubbles here at home. I will do thid spread tomorrow on my break at work. I will post my reading. Thanks Hanged Man

Rabbit

Hanged Man

In this spread, reversals or not reversals?