Understanding A. Crowley's Thoth Tarot-DuQuette

Silverlotus

I am also quite enjoying this book, and I also agree that the card discriptions are a bit lacking. I don't think Mr. DuQuette even mentioned the bag of coin that the Fool is carrying.

I think that this book, along with the Book of Thoth and Akron & Hajo Banzhaf's The Crowley Tarot: Handbook to the Cards, give a very indepth (and understandable) view of the Thoth deck.

But, as much as I liked Mr. DuQuette's book, it made me think that perhaps the Thoth deck isn't for me.

Oh, I also just finished Mr. DuQuette's Chicken Quabalah. It was wonderful, and very funny.

lawguy51

Silverlotus said:
I think that this book, along with the Book of Thoth and Akron & Hajo Banzhaf's The Crowley Tarot: Handbook to the Cards, give a very indepth (and understandable) view of the Thoth deck.

...and may I add Banzhaf and Theler's 'Keywords for the Crowley Tarot'...(and of course, Arrien's The Tarot Handbook).

LG51

Silverlotus

As an aside, Mr. DuQuette is on TLC's Urban Legends Revealed as I write this. It is a segment about a snake and a pair of boots, and he is discussing the significance of snakes in religion. He is billed as an "occult expert."

lawguy51

Silverlotus said:
As an aside, Mr. DuQuette is on TLC's Urban Legends Revealed as I write this.
He's quite ubiquitous of late ...... ;)