Study Group ~ The Process by Dan Pelletier 6 Audio CD's

soaring feather

Thanks Disa,I will go there.

KarlThomas

Cat* said:
I suggest keeping the "26 chapters" discussion right here in the meta-thread with the general talk, and have the talk that is inspired by particular chapters in their respective threads. How's that for order? :)

I love it.

So we've got 26 weeks is half a year, and we know the lessons begin in winter months. (Either that, or the student has a hat, coat and scarf fetish.)

What time of year do the lessons end?

Grizabella

Well, I'm kind of pragmatic, I guess. I'll say it's because it took him 26 chapters to say what he had to say. :rolleyes:

Why is this a riddle? I guess, knowing Umbrae, though, what else would it be? :p :heart:

OK I'm back now. Had to go to my room to get the CD's because I have them in there to listen to in peace. I'll pop them into the laptop now and then maybe I can participate better by refreshing my memory about the beginning. Did I miss something in the CD's that brings up the question of why there are 26 chapters?

Maybe 26 weeks is how long it take a rosebush to go from dormancy to bloom?

KarlThomas

Grizabella said:
Did I miss something in the CD's that brings up the question of why there are 26 chapters?

aaah!

You've got me. No. I brought it here to try to gain insight. The 26 question is a part of my suspicious nature. I suspect Dan has a reason, because it looks to me like the whole book is very carefully laid out.

How often do these lessons take place in the storyline, anyone found out?

Grizabella

Well, Karl and I are close in "sobriety age". I'm sneaking up steadily on 24 here. Three months to go so I haven't hit that snakey time that happens about the month preceding a birthday, which means I'm in a pretty good space at the moment.

I swear, Karl---you've got a numerical brain. I'm lost in listening to what he's saying, not counting how many lessons are in there. I'll bet if pressed to a count, though, you'd find a lesson even in spots where they don't stand out obviously, and they'd number more than 26 by far.

All this counting stuff reminds me of some Big Book studies I've been to. ;) :p Is that what we're doing here? Undoubtedly you've heard the term "analysis paralysis"?

Cat*

Grizabella said:
Did I miss something in the CD's that brings up the question of why there are 26 chapters?
If I remember correctly, the riddle of the 26 chapters comes up in the interview with Leisa ReFalo that's been linked somewhere earlier...

ETA: Here it is.

KarlThomas

Grizabella said:
Undoubtedly you've heard the term "analysis paralysis"?

Fair enough, and worth a 26-second pause to consider some more earthy questions which I love.

Pasted from the top of this thread:

So how has what people on this thread have learned from the CD impacted their readings?

Information this good should show up in what we do, and discussing it might be of value to us.

I am making a more solid effort at listening to the sitter, for a start.

How is this teaching showing up, in people's approach to reading?

mac22

KarlThomas said:
Fair enough, and worth a 26-second pause to consider some more earthy questions which I love.

Pasted from the top of this thread:

So how has what people on this thread have learned from the CD impacted their readings?

Information this good should show up in what we do, and discussing it might be of value to us.

I am making a more solid effort at listening to the sitter, for a start.

How is this teaching showing up, in people's approach to reading?

It has made me a BETTER, deeper reader.

Mac22

Grizabella

I think the two most valuable things I've learned from Dan is the emphasis on "it's not about you" and "why do you read?"

The fact that it's not about us ----not about me----actually takes pressure off the reader if you stop and think about it. Because gone is the pressure of "how do I look? what will the sitter think of me? etc. and replacing it is just the earnest desire to be "present" with the sitter and pay close attention to them so as to get the most helpful information from the Universe for them and to relay it in the most sensitive and diplomatic way to the sitter.

I haven't written the three page essay. Has anyone else?

mac22

Grizabella said:
I think the two most valuable things I've learned from Dan is the emphasis on "it's not about you" and "why do you read?"

The fact that it's not about us ----not about me----actually takes pressure off the reader if you stop and think about it. Because gone is the pressure of "how do I look? what will the sitter think of me? etc. and replacing it is just the earnest desire to be "present" with the sitter and pay close attention to them so as to get the most helpful information from the Universe for them and to relay it in the most sensitive and diplomatic way to the sitter.

I haven't written the three page essay. Has anyone else?

I DID!:D It was a useful exercise IMHO.

Mac22