Is it a raspberry or a rose? 2 Wands

Cara Jackson

FURTHER QUESTION - does his red heat of active thoughts have a hand on it (see smaller thumb and 4 fingers at edge) or does this indicate wings - Hermes, messenger of the Gods? Anyone else see this or am I overly reading things into the clothes' 'creases'?

Have taken a magnifying glass to this - the biggest I can find, and surely, PCs in all her finery could have done a circle with a 'swirl' in it and a few 'notches' to portray petals (as I would, having studied art at college) rather than do little fleshy protrubrances? Surely this is a raspberry, not a rose? And if so, I shall have to go look up what this means . . .

. . .any thoughts oh learned ones?

many thanks - the pedantic perfectionist Cara

P.S having studied raspberries meaning . .. RASPBERRIES in dream symbology represents that you are seeking new sources of income (creative ones?); symbol of regret and grief (that you have not been putting into actin your creativity before?); to see or eat raspberries in your dream, represent some precious or delicate matter (of the soul, our destiny, I guess?); the word "raspberry" comes from the Old French raspise = “sweet rose-colored wine (therein the relationship to the 'rose'?); In Christian art, the raspberry is the symbol for kindness (kindenss to ourselves, doing what makes our heart and soul feel good?). The red juice of the berries was likened to the blood that runs though the heart, where kindness originates. Because the berries are so delicate, the raspberry has also been used as a symbol of fragility (the fragility of a life wasted, without meaning or creativity - as God is, is he not (or whatever 'it' is) absolute creativity?. OK, enough waffling, way past my bedtime - baby will have me awake no doubt at 6 am tomorrow, its 11.30pm Cyprus time. Good night to you all, one and all x

Richard

They've always looked like raspberries to me. They might be a cluster of red primroses, but that's a stretch.

Sulis

Are you talking about the flowers on the shield on the wall? If you are then I believe that they're supposed to be lilies and roses - as in The Magician card.

Edited to add an image of the card and this: The Roses and the Lilies(click)

Attachments

• 65-Minor-Wands-02.jpg
    65-Minor-Wands-02.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 198

Richard

Of course they're supposed to be roses, but they still look like raspberries. :) According to Waite's PKT, "The Rose and Cross and Lily should be noticed on the left side."

conversus

If you see raspberries , that's what you see, and if those raspberries mean something to you, then there you are!

things often are intended to be something, but somehow actually are something else.

Peace and all good!

CED

Teheuti

The question is whether you are trying to understand the deck as it was originally created and meant to be (1-history), or if you are riffing on the images, using personal projection or some kind of psychic information (2-using the tarot).

If it's #2, then it's whatever you see in the moment: raspberries, a red artichoke, spurting blood . . . And the significance is whatever you give it.

Cara - what are you really interested in knowing? — the history or other people's impressions and stories about the cards? Or a little of both??

Cara Jackson

Thanks Sulis, L Richad, Conversus and Tehautiu

Apologies if spelt any names wrong, but it is 6am in the morning

Yep Sulis, its 'supposed' to be Roses & lillies, much agreed - but one never knows with Waites jokes and hidden dep meanings, does one?

Thanks L Richard for your, as usual, gentle comments and for seeing raspberries too - that makes us both mad, eh? tee-hee.

Too true, Conversus, if thats what I see, so it is, its just, from an artists point of view (having done graphic desing) i cant see why PCS got it soooo wrong on this bit?

Anyways, last but not least, Tehautiu (again, apologies if mispelt lovely unsual name), I guess I am trying to understand the hidden meanings, and wondering if any of you, long-learned ones are already miles ahead of me, having figured it out already. Yeah, I know, when you do readings, certain symbols 'jump' out and others fade away, and messages are chanelled, this is just my first exploration of RWS - so you will have to bear with my infantile questions, I am afraid - ha, ha x Well, love and laughter to all

Cara with thanks

Cara Jackson

Hat - has hand or wings on it - anyone else see this?

FURTHER QUESTION - does his red heat of active thoughts have a hand on it (see smaller thumb and 4 fingers at edge) or does this indicate wings - Hermes, messenger of the Gods? Anyone else see this or am I overly reading things into the clothes' 'creases'?

x Cara on the quest

KariRoad

2 of Wands

Cara Jackson said:

x Cara on the quest
Nota Bene: there is a BRIDGE shown in the detailed background.

To me, very significant (especially for this card, and 5 of Cups).

Cara Jackson

Yes, 'they' say sacrifices come with this card . . . .?

Thanks KariRoad,

I agree, that in order to deal with the choices of '2's that you must decide to leave something in order to start something new (roman 'X' of completed cycles) and that a sacrifice, a bit like the Hanged Man, is needed - herein the 5 Cups bridge in the background, having put alot of time, energy, blood, sweat, tears into something, now it is time to leave (I SO know that one, about to house move for the 13th time in years!). Well, anyone else got any views on prior red hat 'weirdness' mentioned in this thread by me?