10 of pentacles as relationship outcome

carcinya

Hi everybody :)

How would you interpret the 10 of Pentacles as outcome in a relationship reading?

Obviously, there are some very positive associations, but I'm also very interested in the more arcane, unusual and yes, negative interpretations to write in my tarot journal.

Any ideas?

amaranta_s

Hi, If you are after negative aspects then here u go: I see this card as a union based on material security and benefits without love.I personally don't like such a union.maybe the the best card for outcome of a relationship is ten of cups.

214red

i would have to disagree that the 10 of cups is the best card, the 10 of pentacles is also about the tree of life, and family life thats grows

Adjustment

Sometimes i have seen the 10 as something ending on relationships reading if thre are other cards supporting it

WalesWoman

Aside from marriage, family and white picket fences in the suburbs, it can also mean inheritance... not only being included in the will, but genetic make up, inherited traits ...and your parents moving back in with you in their old age. I think they call it the sandwich generation with you still have kids at home and are taking care of your elderly parents too.

Another meaning could be The Establishment, icons of tradition, like the Daughters of the Revolution, family dynasties (like Dallas and Dynasty) or the Rockefellers, etc., as well as long established businesses. It could even be insurance companies that cover everything.

Sophie

Possible interpretations:

- Family, tradition or money considerations standing in the way of the relationship (particularly if the relationship is unconventional) - as an outcome in such an interpretation, the family/tradition/money considerations win.

- The relationship becomes a truly complete one in the physical sphere and is now ready to develop in its spiritual dimensions.

- Divorce (because of all the settlements and family money involved).

- Death (same)

bluecaffeine

10 of pentacles as your partners outcome:
maybe his familiy is too important for him, he listens more to what his family tells him (than he listens to you).
Maybe he has enough money, so that you don`t have to worry about financial matters.
Maybe he thinks he can buy everything for you, but he doesn't have to care about your feelings.

irisa

carcinya said:
Obviously, there are some very positive associations, but I'm also very interested in the more arcane, unusual and yes, negative interpretations to write in my tarot journal.

Any ideas?

Negatives hmmm for me maybe family feuds, domestic arguments or relationship beakdowns due to money troubles. Reckless spending, the urge to gamble. Baggage from childhood causing difficulties in current relationships. People making too many demands on you.

irisa :)

Sulis

I think it's taking it to the next level from where you are now but building on what has gone before.

I see the 10s as aspects of The Wheel of Fortune. They're the end of one cycle and the start of the next but they don't forget the cycle that's gone before.
Think of a wheel - the wheel is always spinning and the outside of it is filled with change as it goes round and round but the hub remains relatively stable, to build on. That's what the tarot 10s are like.

So for the 10 of Pentacles which is the Earth suit it can mean making a deep commitment, it can mean leaving a legacy for your descendants or just those who come after you. It's a card of security, it's when the relationship becomes a deep, lasting and secure one.

canid

The 'burden' (it's yours to choose burden or not) of responsibility for a loved one, elderly or otherwise.