New Star Tarot deck

gregory

I rather like it (I have it too....)

Alta

I notice the website announces it is 23.99USD or 33.99CAD. hummm, I think not.

Annabelle

I'd been holding off on ordering this one until I was able to see some of the cards - thank you so much, hannamha, for posting some scans! I am now convinced that this is a deck I would enjoy :).

fairyhedgehog

I really like some of those pictures - but international shipping and handling is $18! That's more than the cost of the deck! What a pity.

Fulgour

isbn 1590923138 List $29.99

Amazon: The New Star Tarot Deck- Erika Mcginnis $12.99

as of April 25,2006 (deck only)

Strange2

I just received the New Star deck (thanks Fulgour for the Amazon post). I do like the cosmic artwork and approach. Definitely inspired by the Crowley/Harris Thoth deck.

My only complaint is that many of the cards in the deck I received were cut or centered poorly, so that the artwork at the bottom of some of the cards are cut off just under the titles. Nothing severe, just makes for an uneven presentation.

Amon

Warning: only a photocopy?

Just received the New Star Tarot (Black border edition) from Amazon: quite a disappointment. Not really a deck cards but more like photographs of a deck, flimsy, thin. Something to put in your photoalbum perhaps but useless as a deck of cards. At the price 29.99 usd this comes close to armed robbery.

weaver

Amon said:
Just received the New Star Tarot (Black border edition) from Amazon: quite a disappointment. Not really a deck cards but more like photographs of a deck, flimsy, thin. Something to put in your photoalbum perhaps but useless as a deck of cards. At the price 29.99 usd this comes close to armed robbery.
I don't own this one but got to see, and handle, it at last year's Reader's Studio. I found the quality of deck's card stock to be, well, underwhelming. :(

weaver

Sulis

The numbering of the Majors seems very strange.
I noticed that The Fool is numbered 1 and the other majors follow from that so Death is XIV, The Wheel is XI etc..
Very strange..

Nydia

Amon said:
I was interested in this with the black borders. I'm sorry the deck turned out bad for you. Thanks for telling the forum, so I can save some money. The pictures earlier in this thread were turning me away, too, because it doesn't look easy to read.