The Dark Angels Tarot

Metafizzypop

Has anyone heard of the Dark Angels Tarot, or know anything about it? It's a new deck, scheduled to come from Lo Scarabeo in April 2010. It's already available for pre-order at Tarot Garden and Llewellyn. All I've seen of it are teensy tiny pictures at TG, but it looks pretty hot, from what I can tell. The artist is Luca Russo. Here's the description from Tarot Garden:

"Dare to explore your dark side with this gorgeously gothic tarot. Journey to a dimly lit, secret netherworld, where you'll have a rare oppportunity to communicate with heaven's misunderstood outcasts -- the dark angels. Achingly beautiful, mysterious, and undoubtedly wise, these unearthly creatures have much to teach us of our own shadow selves."

Sounds pretty good, doesn't it? I haven't even seen it yet, and it's on my wish list.

Manda

I can't tell if I am attracted or repulsed. :p

Metafizzypop

F.M. Tarot said:
Thank you for sharing, these are so beautiful! I am putting it on my wishlist. I really want to hear and see more! Those small scans are rotten teasers ;)
I did a search on his name and all his art is amazing.

I found what I think is an image of one of his cards on his blog http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hJzqy4rJLAE/SbzEZRS4jWI/AAAAAAAABP0/DmeoVn88Ifo/s400/angelo.jpg But I can't read the blog it's in Italian.

That sample looks really nice. Would you mind giving a link to the blog? I can read Italian.

Aerin

Manda said:
I can't tell if I am attracted or repulsed. :p

I just think I want it :)

They would give the other angels in the house a bit of a shock though. I can already hear them whispering behind their white fluffy wings at each other.

Vesper

Me, too, Aerin. It's like my vampire decks and my angel decks decided to mate and have beautiful evil offspring.

I like it, but I want to see more cards before I make up my mind about it. I don't want just another pretty goth deck.

There have to be at least one or two cards that jar me for a deck to really speak. It's like I need to dislike or be stumped by some of the cards in order for a deck to feel weighty and have substance. I guess the word I'm looking for is "challenge". Will the art be challenging?

hunter

Looks interesting. I don't think I'll buy it as I don't have a use for it...but...I will enjoy looking at some scans.

This deck fills me with a childish desire to stage a mock angel battle with it and a Dorian Virtue Deck

Maybe I do have a use for it. I guess it could be used as creative writing prompts :)

Aerin

hunter said:
Looks interesting. I don't think I'll buy it as I don't have a use for it...but...I will enjoy looking at some scans.

This deck fills me with a childish desire to stage a mock angel battle with it and a Dorian Virtue Deck

Maybe I do have a use for it. I guess it could be used as creative writing prompts :)

That would be TOO funny.

You could do a conversation, picking one deck at a time and using the LWB absolutely literally. My Archangels just tell me to tidy up: I'd love to know what they'd say to the Dark Angels.

hunter

Aerin said:
That would be TOO funny.

You could do a conversation, picking one deck at a time and using the LWB absolutely literally. My Archangels just tell me to tidy up: I'd love to know what they'd say to the Dark Angels.

Okay, now I want the deck and also a Dorian deck. Humor therapy :) NOW I have a use for the deck :)

So which Angel deck would be the funniest?

Sanctum_Priest

Looks good. Can't wait to see more samples.