Bohemian Gothic - Danse Macabre

baba-prague

Master_Margarita said:
Wow! Well, it should be obvious how I feel about The Master and Margarita, but I see Margarita as a very different figure at her ball--empowered, not zombi-like. But it's an interesting additional tidbit to fill out my thoughts about this card.

I agree to some extent. Although at the ball she is in a sense trapped - with her feet bleeding, which implies an inability to get herself out of the situation.

But I didn't mean that our Danse Macabre is supposed to be a close parallel of that scene from M and M. More that the idea of the dancers from hell was in my mind when we did the card. It was one of my strong visuals for the idea of a "Danse Macabre", and I hope our depiction, though very different, has a little of that same atmosphere.

Pam O

Bohemian Gothic Danse Macabre card scan

Master_Margarita said:
In keeping with MRP's custom, this is a nonstandard card included only in the Silver (First) Edition of the deck....
Discuss.
:heart: M_M
I have been VERY lucky to get a hold of an English 1st edition with the Danse Macabre card. Out of curiosity, does anyone else have an English regular first edition with this card?

I have scanned the card so everyone can see it. I have impregnated MRP's website so no pirates can steal it.

Attachments

• Bohemian Gothic Danse Macabre card-c.jpg
    Bohemian Gothic Danse Macabre card-c.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 178