9 of Cups for feelings/emotions

MissCW

Can someone help me get to grips with the 9 of Cups as feelings? I mean what Person A is feeling about Person B etc.

I thought I had got to grips with this card until it showed up for feelings! Sometimes the 9s in general feel solitary to me, like the person is concentrating on themselves so much they are not feeling for anyone else .. so can anyone help me out, I am a bit stumped with it as how they feel about another person.

And if someone can explain why Tarot gets harder instead of easier the more you study I would be grateful too!! :)

It’s the Druidcraft 9 of Cups I was using.

willowfox

Well, I see it as A is very happy and contented with person B, they are what A always wanted in a mate/friend, quite satisfied with the way the relationship.

Empath111

Pleasure, happiness, dream come true....

Whitestar

I agree, when it appears in my readings as what a person feels for another it usually means the person feels a great deal of love and caring they want to share with the other!

Pook

MissCW said:
Can someone help me get to grips with the 9 of Cups as feelings? I mean what Person A is feeling about Person B etc.

Well, I generally read any 9 as a last minute once-over to be sure everything is as it should be or as good as it gets before moving on, and in case of 9/cups, I would think its an indication that the person A is feeling that Person B is almost too good to be true. Not so much second-guessing, but more looking back and appreciating how great this person has been.

MissCW said:
And if someone can explain why Tarot gets harder instead of easier the more you study I would be grateful too!! :)
Well thats because.....ummmm.......becasue it does.....I guess... ;)

Thirteen

MissCW said:
I'm in agreement with Willowfox--they feel like Person B is a dream come true. Everything they ever wanted and more.

Yes, the nines are solitary, reflecting--if you go for match-ups with the majors--the Hermit's solitude. But keep in mind that the Hermit's solitude is not only desired and voluntary, but one of contemplation, not loneliness. The solitude allows for a deeper connection to the world around him, to himself and to the divine; we all need such moments alone. And I think each of the nines reflects this. The lady in the 9/Pents is content to have that time alone to enjoy and luxuriate in her rich surroundings, to have them all to herself rather than having to share; the 9/Wands' solitary soldier is occupied with his duty, and though he'll be relieved when help arrives and the waiting is over, it's just as well that there's no one else there that he has to worry about or who might distract him. Even 9/Swords is focused on her own anxieties and nightmares and probably wouldn't appreciate having someone there trying to dismiss those worries or trivialize the nightmares. She *needs* to think on them.

As for the 9/Cups, I don't know the image on Druidcraft (care to describe it? Or better yet scan in an image?) but in Waite, the card shows the host or guest of honor right before the other guests arrive. Cups are filled and waiting and from their number we can surmise that this is a person who is popular, and beloved. Like all the nines, we see him at a moment just before others arrive, and in that moment, he is contemplating his blessings, all the friends and family he has, and he is so content and delighted, and so anticipatory of the fun evening he's going to have with all those friends...he's positively smug.

That, in terms of what you're asking, is Person A stepping back from Person B for just a moment and thinking "I have been granted my dearest wish! I have the love and friendship of Person B and I could not be happier! I'm so happy, I'm positively smug about it! And I am going to make the most of it this." Putting it another way, Person A can't wait till Person B arrives so that they can party all night long.

That, I think, is how they feel :D

And if someone can explain why Tarot gets harder instead of easier the more you study I would be grateful too!!
Heh. If you figure that one out, let me know.

MissCW

Thanks - thats great. I dont know why I have to look for negatives all the time - I must be a half empty glass type of person!

Thirteen, the Druidcraft 9 of Cups is pretty much the same as the RW deck on this card.