Will they offer me the job today?

Ronia

I have a voice mail from one of the companies which were checking my references that I'll get a call at 12:30 pm, an hour from now. I asked "Is she calling to offer me the job?" Chart was cast at 11:11 am in Toronto today, February 21. I have no Morinus here so no dignities on my phone but just from a quick glance:

I'm Mercury, in the 10th, ruled by Saturn (Aquarius). She, the HR, is Jupiter in Libra in the 5th (or 6th, depends how many degrees one allows for next house placement but I don't think this is so important here). There is a partile trine between Mercury and Jupiter but I'm not sure if this means much as I already know she'll call me very soon again. Is this what the trine means?

The job is Saturn in the 7th. Normally, I'd say it went to someone else. But Mercury's next aspect is a sextile with Saturn and I'm tempted to say yes, I'll get this job... But the remaining degrees are confusing... If she calls in an hour, this aspect should be closer.

Moon does not offer any hope as she has no aspects with any significator but only an applying square with Venus which, although ruling the HR, Jupiter, and conjunct Pars Fortunae, I see no way could assist in getting an answer.

This will be known soon. I'm stiull tempted to say she will offer me something but I'm afraid of wishful thinking.

Minderwiz

Your significator in the tenth is a good indicator. And the sextile of Mercury to Saturn is even better. I'll cross my fingers for the next 20 minutes

Ronia

Thanks, Minderwiz! I'm sitting with crossed fingers too. I just wondered how to assign significators as I asked if she (should be 7th house) is calling (3rd?) to offer me the job (10th)... And the partile sextile between me and her, Mercury and Jupiter, is confusing as it may signify that she will call which I know but it could also be a "yes".

Ronia

Nope, she was calling to ask for a permission to call a current director where I work now. As I haven't submitted my notice here because I don't have any job offer, I'm taking a huge risk but I had no other choice and had to give her permission. Still waiting for an outcome of this and keeping my fingers crossed my current employer doesn't give me a notice now, once they are let to know I am looking to quit.

Minderwiz

In some countries it would be illegal to sack you for applying for another job.

If they're taking up references you must be in contention. I will keep my fingers crossed for a longer time.

Ronia

Well, they can always fimd a reason to fire someone without stating it was because s/he was s3eking another job, if you know what I mean.

These guys are serious, yes, I know that if all my references are positive I am up against only one internal candidate. I got to this interview thanks to another HR so it was kind of recommendation. Still hoping that my last reference in my current job will be good enough. This job, however, is only a one year contract and is the job I thought you saw in my first horary from November as Mars in last degree of the sign - good pay but only for a while. One degree - one year given Mars was in 12th house. It'll allow me to breathe and pay the legal bills, though.

Ronia

They made the offer, Minderwiz. I've accepted it. As I said before, it's temporary, for one year but fingers crossed something else will come up as it's a university and they have jobs although not as many as in other universities in the city. I have to make sure now I pass the probation. :D And face the current employer who is currently already very grumpy.

RohanMenon

Congratulations on the new job

I'm very glad to see that you've managed to secure a good job and that your horary charts were accurate.

Ronia

Thank you. I am unsure which exactly horary was correct, to be honest. They all had pros and cons. I think one thing I learned from all these horaries is that they reflected also the failed opportunities and the rejections. I don't think I had a horary which truly focused on only the job I was asking about.

Also, the first horary I did asking if I'll get a better job, although I asked till the end of 2016, I believe was the most accurate as it showed both an offer through the 10th and a second offer through the 10th of the 10th which I didn't know I'd need at the time.

Minderwiz

WOW!! Congratulations. Aat least it relieves the pressure for a year and gives you scope to survey the market. Also, there's a good chance that you'll get a full time post out of it. We used to convert a lot (but not all) temporary posts into full time ones (I used to work for a sizeable College) so this might be the first step on the rung.