Writing with the Faeries

Kahlie

Frustrated...

Well, I'm feeling a bit frustrated that I didn't get my meaning across very well with somebody... I hope I didn't... sound to petulant... so I decided to do a quick quirky writing... so, I drew a Fae and off I go...

bear in mind, English is not my native language

Oy oy oy the Piper did play
wonderous tunes for both human and Fae
and while I was dancing with that song in my head
I swear, I got more then my poor feet wet

So, I cried out to the Piper, why did you do this to me
here I was busy and wild, here I was free
Now my heart feels both heavy and sad
And I wonder if the person I love is not quite mad

:heart:

*well, I'm weirded out... this was an easy tune, and normally I don't write poetry.. at least it lightened my mood*

Kahlie

faerylvr

It is beautiful Kahlie... I mean truly touching... I am glad you feel better... writing does that for me too...

I love the feel of it...

faunabay

Kahlie said:
*well, I'm weirded out... this was an easy tune, and normally I don't write poetry.. at least it lightened my mood*

Kahlie
That's all that matters Kahlie!!! That you feel better. ((hugs))

But I have to say it was quite good. :) It's fun to pop off stuff like that in the moment.

oak_woman

Oh, thank you Faunabay. I hadn't found them - haven't yet discovered how to get at *old stuff* on Aeclectic .... looking at the cards quickly and with my eyes half-asleep (just about to go to bed!) I'd say that the one you posted looks the nicest. Do you have a favourite Elf yourself?

faunabay

oak_woman said:
Oh, thank you Faunabay. I hadn't found them - haven't yet discovered how to get at *old stuff* on Aeclectic .... looking at the cards quickly and with my eyes half-asleep (just about to go to bed!) I'd say that the one you posted looks the nicest. Do you have a favourite Elf yourself?
hmmm.....they are kind of like the froud faeries in that there are different sets of faeries that look the same but not the whole deck looks alike. So truthfully I like a whole bunch of them. :)

Jewel

Kahlie, I really liked your poem! Glad it lightened your heart. Good to see you on this thread!

Oak Woman, I like the Elfs. Just looked through my deck the other night. They are very dreamy like, and have a lot of personality.

oak_woman

Jewel said:
Oak Woman, I like the Elfs. Just looked through my deck the other night. They are very dreamy like, and have a lot of personality.

Yes, they're quite misty and ethereal it seems; not quite like Froud's Faeries. I do like them but I think I have enough fae to look after, what with my FFs and all the fairy folk in Laura Tuan's I Tarocchi Celtici!

greenbeans

The house-guest

Who did you ask over to dine?
Who wore a hat so red and fine?
Who wore trousers belted with twine?

O! That Gnome!

Who found your bottle of finest port?
Who thought riding your cat was sport?
Who ended up crashing your train of thought?

O! That Gnome!

Who ate the last of your fairy cakes?
Who sang that song you really hate?
Who went for a midnight splash in the lake?

O! That Gnome!

Who danced in the garden until two?
Drank glass after glass of your home brew?
Who (slurring) offered to marry you?

O! That Gnome!

Who awoke with an aching head?
Who's cheeks were pale (tho' his nose is red?)
Who turned right round and went back to his bed?

OH! THAT! GNOOOOOOOOME!!!

(If you can imagine the bits in italics are all the Fae singing in chorus to annoy that gnome fella....you get the idea!)

greenbeans

mickel's song

many a mickle makes a muckle
many a tickle makes a chuckle
not all secrets must be hidden
not all horses will be ridden
what you see is what you get
I'll make the moon my sickle yet
I'll muddle my way to a revelation
And knuckle down to relaxation
a game of hucklebones is life's fray
so tarry a while and we shall play