Uranus Transiting Fourth House

Ana's Song

Hello all

Had a look at my natal chart transits today and what struck me was that Uranus is transiting through my fourth house at the moment. It's also in the very beginning stages of my fourth - the Swiss ephemeris at Astrodienst shows that it's currently five-ish degrees Aries. My natal fourth pretty much starts right there, my IC is two-ish degrees Aries and all my natal houses are the same shape and size.

Just wondering what one can expect from a Uranus through the fourth. There is a lot of information out there about moving houses and countries - neither of which I'm keen on in the immediate term. If we're talking say four to six years from now, I'd be far happier doing so. Four to six weeks from now, I'm digging in my Capricorn heels lol.

Minderwiz

Uranus takes an average of 7 years to move through a sign, it's currently at 5 degrees 42 minutes and it will be in Aries till May 16th 2018, so you have another 5 years of the transit.

Ingresses into signs (and houses), stations (both retrograde and direct) and aspects to natal planets offer key dates to concentrate on. From a traditional perspective, these are only likely to be significant, if they fit in with another more significant level of activity, such as a Solar Return or Primary Direction, etc. Indeed your fourth might not be an 'active' house at the moment, from a traditional point of view. It's unlikely though that over a period of 5 years, it will not at some time or other be activated - so again that could be something to explore.

Modern Psychological Astrology, though, does place a great deal of emphasis on the transits of the outer planets (almost to the exclusion of everything else) because they are the only long term events that can be really made use of, within the context of looking at annual hotspots.

You can also look at Mercury, for disruptive events and indeed I think Uranus' nature was defined in a large part by drawing on some of the more negative elements of the nature of Mercury. However again it depends on your natal chart (which I don't think I've got), so I can't make other than general statements.

If things seem to be subject to disruption, then as well as seeking a wider perspective on Uranus, you might like to act as a guinea pig in my Hellensitic Astrology studies - though I'm not sure how long it will be before I get round to looking at the predictive side (though certainly nowhere near 5 years I hope :) )

Ronia

Uranus is natally conjunct my Sun (square Saturn, trine Mars), I usually have some things happening thanks to the old rebel. LOL I can certainly tell you that aspects to natal planets, especially if a direction supports it somehow, have been quite exciting. In the 2nd he definitely brought the highest level of financial insecurity I have ever experienced in my life. It was literal. hard to confuse it as it included events, not just feelings. And also, if you think he will take into consideration your willingness to move, you're wrong.

Minderwiz

Uranus is natally conjunct my Sun, I usually have some things happening thanks to the old rebel. LOL I can certainly tell you that aspects to natal planets, especially if a direction supports it somehow, have been quite exciting. In the 2nd he definitely brought the highest level of financial insecurity I have ever experienced in my life. It was literal. hard to confuse it as it included events, not just feelings. And also, if you think he will take into consideration your willingness to move, you're wrong.

That's a very interesting comment because it emphasises the need to examine where Uranus lies in your natal chart and what aspects it makes there. As with all planets, if it is out of the way or not really configured to other planets and points, it might have little affect at all. Angular or configured to the Sun or Moon it may be something that you regularly notice.

Ronia

Yes, he does bring events. I noticed about 2 degrees prior and two degrees after an exact aspect is usually the frame. Not both, only one or another which makes it tough to predict as he is so slow and 2 degrees takes quite a bit of time. I'm currently having an exact Pluto/Pluto (12/8) square and Uranus will join for an Uranus/Pluto (2/8) opposition later this year and... well, I'm not very happy considering the houses. By direction he is conjunct Neptune, ruler of the 2nd and sextile Pluto while Neptune and Pluto both aspect Venus in the 8th. If there was any chance for me to get an inheritance, I'd take these into consideration as they clearly point at some 2/8 activity.

Overall, I do think the outers produce events, it's just hard to predict them considering the slow movement. And I also found out that a heavily aspected natally outer may produce more events than a personal planet. For example, my Neptune is one of the most aspected planets in my chart. Starting with a progressive New Moon on it last year, I felt it very strong. He's been aspected by progressions and directions almost all the time (now too, as Saturn is square him by direcyions, Mars is applying for a trine by directions, Sun is conjunct him by progressions and direction), adding to this transits and the fact transit Neptune himself returns some of the aspects trining Mars and Sun/Uranus, and the picture definitely produces results felt on an everyday level. Sadly, being the ruler of my 2nd, he hasn't made me rich yet. I wonder who will win the battle for my 2nd house, Uranus or Neptune. LOL It's interesting that not the 2nd house rulership played out most clearly but the Neptunian theme including professions and hobbies ruled by him. It's a long story but it did bring events, for better or worse, not clear yet.

Ana's Song

What an interesting discussion so far!

Minderwiz, I don't think you have my natal chart either so I'll PM you some details - and I'd definitely be interested in being your Hellenistic guinea pig.

My natal Uranus is in my 11th house along with my natal Jupiter, different signs though; the former is in Sagittarius and the latter in Scorpio. In terms of aspects nothing especial with natal Uranus sextile natal Moon and Mars and semi-square natal Mercury.

With regards to this particular transit through the fourth, Uranus is square to my sun which is a 1st/4th house aspect, ouch! But this doesn't sound anywhere near as exciting as what yours is like Ronia! :)

Ronia

I'm not sure you'd like this "excitement" in your life and I wish you to not have it anytime soon! But you should have been through Uranus in the 2nd... How was it? Did he aspect any natals?

Ana's Song

I'm not sure you'd like this "excitement" in your life and I wish you to not have it anytime soon! But you should have been through Uranus in the 2nd... How was it? Did he aspect any natals?
Hehe when Uranus first went through my second house of Capricorn I just turned seven I think, and may have aspected my Sun and Mercury - but I can't really determine that since I suck at math, plus age seven was a wee while ago... :)

My parents did separate and we left the town where I grew up to move to the capital city leaving my father behind. Had to start a new life in a new city and new school and new friends and new house etc. How's that for Uranian upheaval? :)

Ronia

That changes things as you were too small to be affected financially on a personal level but you were still affected regarding your values, what's valuable in your life.

morganesky

Uranus just moved through my 2nd House and was square my Sun there for a while, which I found really uplifting as it was midst my Pluto/Sun opposition and a stack of heavy Saturn energy.

What I gained from that was alternatives in ways of earning for myself, and it really helped me to strip away a lot of negative feedback I was giving myself. It helped my confidence levels to start to grow again, after a debilitating ten years. Don't get me wrong, I had a few horrible ordeals in there as well, but now that Uranus is into the Aries slice of my 2nd House, I am finding my internal dialogue is a lot more confident and determined, and I have a lot more idea on the direction I wish to go.