Dreaming in Color: Etheral Deck

lark

So strange I just got off of your site peapodgrrl.
I was wondering if we had a thread about your deck and I get back to Aeclectic and here you are posting!
I'm thinking of ordeing it, and would like to hear about the experiences of those that have the deck.
After finding your site yesterday I drempt about your pictures last night.
That sends a big message to me that they have hit me at a psychic level.
Loved reading your soapbox about Lilly Dale.

darwinia

lark said:
I'm thinking of ordeing it, and would like to hear about the experiences of those that have the deck.

Great deck, don't hesitate, truly I wouldn't say that unless it was great to work with. The screensaver perks me up quite a bit too, it really magnifies certain sections of the cards and gives you details.

I am still exploring with art exercises and colour for the next few weeks. That's my approach at the minute, the deck has a fluidity I like. It's good for stories too.
http://www.tarotpassages.com/dreamingincolor-jj.htm

Aura Wolf

lark said:
After finding your site yesterday I drempt about your pictures last night.
That sends a big message to me that they have hit me at a psychic level.
Loved reading your soapbox about Lilly Dale.
Lark, I think you would be silly not to order it :D You will like this one. I did a short review but I'm not sure if it's up on the site yet.

peapodgrrl

Oops.....Lark, I forgot to mention that I am so glad you enjoyed my Lily Dale article. It truly was a magical place; everyone with a taste for the metaphysical should visit there at least once. :)

I just received a lovely card from Sherry Lee about the cards. She loved them, and that really made me feel good. I have such admiration for her and her work. :)

contrascarpe

I picked this deck up directly from peapodgrrl thru eBay (by the way, I know Putney, Vermont very well!) for Gardener for Xmas. We looked through the deck this morning.

First thing I noticed is that I was drawn to the images on many of the cards. Unfortunately, the keywords to ALL of them were the negative ones. Not to bring gender into the mix, but has anyone else experienced this? To me the most beautiful cards were negative, while to Gardener the most beautiful ones were positive.

Dan

peapodgrrl

contrascarpe said:
I picked this deck up directly from peapodgrrl thru eBay (by the way, I know Putney, Vermont very well!) for Gardener for Xmas. We looked through the deck this morning.

First thing I noticed is that I was drawn to the images on many of the cards. Unfortunately, the keywords to ALL of them were the negative ones. Not to bring gender into the mix, but has anyone else experienced this? To me the most beautiful cards were negative, while to Gardener the most beautiful ones were positive.

Dan

Hi Dan :)

It's no accident that people perceive the negative cards as beautiful, too. That was purposeful, so it's interesting you brought this up.

I am not a man, yet some of my own favorite images are the "darkest", too: hate, avarice, withdrawal, upheaval, and a couple of others are ones that resonate with me, and the ones I felt most content with when I first created them. I don't consider these "negative" per se, since the deck was designed with releasing these darker energies, the ones that prevent us from living happy lives. So, with that in mind, there really *aren't* any negative cards, as they are all parts of the human experience and there is joy in all of it...whether it's experiencing it, mastering it, transcending it, etc. For example, sometimes anger is *good*, sometimes it's healthy, and there's no negativity in that. Conversely, an emotion like joy can be negative if it's superficial, mindless or as the result of self-destructive behavior.

Thanks for posting, Dan. I love reading about people's experiences with the deck.

Mindy

darwinia

contrascarpe said:
Not to bring gender into the mix, but has anyone else experienced this?

Oh yes, definitely. I don't think it's a gender issue, it's that old human experience issue.

Hate, Anger, Withdrawal and Journey. Anyone notice how different the Journey card is? It's fuzzier than the rest, more monochromatic. At the minute I am finding it deeply fascinating in conjunction with Withdrawal.

Plus it's green, I mean how perfect is that?

That fuzzinees sort of gets to me. The disturbing horizontal hold of the Journey card and rain and things dripping and rotting and the smell of green vegetation and pretty soon the bacteria comes. It's the dark side of human experience and your head comes up and you're sniffing and then dropping to your knees and crawling around hearing the insects burrowing and those giant crayfish coming up from the bottom of the water to bite you with their radioactive green teeth, and somewhere, somewhere, the mastadon is on the move again and you are a Paleo-Indian scenting, scenting, head moving with disturbing images in your vestigial brain and you turn to look into the dead cold eyes of a scimitar cat, the stabbing teeth dripping green saliva.

Yeah, there's a story in that one.

lark

I ordered them! :D
darwinia that was beautiful!

Ever since I was a little girl I used to lay on the floor with art books piled around me and jump inside the pictures.
These cards bring back that feeling for me.

Rosanne

I have wanted these cards for soooo long now. For two reasons, one is a gift to my sister who practises Reiki and does colour therapy and finds Tarot quite hard; secondly for myself because the images are mesmerising.. Not one of the stores that stock and procure decks for me here in New Zealand ( I presume through US Games/Amazon etc) have been able to obtain a set. Oh woe is me. That leaves me with fractal cards from my wish list(Spirit Vision Tarot) Any Kiwis out there know a shop in Godzone other than Pathfinders/Borders/Whitcouls that would stock Ethereal? Regards Rosanne