For a pets health...

Woof

Does anyone have any recommendations for a spread to use for an ailing pet? My 14 yr. old terrier mix has Cushing's disease and is getting weaker and weaker in his hind end. I would like to use the cards to help me gain some insight as to how much strength Shep has to fight the inevitable. There is usually about a 2 year life span post diagnosis with this disease and, while it's only about 3 months along for him, he seems to be failing fast.
He's my oldest baby and I'm really having a hard time with this and need some advise from the cards but I don't know how to frame the question and an appropriate spread to use.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Woof

Hedera

I am so sorry to hear your dog is not well.....:(

I know what you're going through, my 13-year old mutt has developed heart problems recently, which gives her trouble breathing.
She's taking lots of medication, which helps a little, but not much.

It's horrible when it goes downhill so fast!

Anyway, a spread:
The first thing that came to mind for me is a very simple four-card spread.

1****2

3****4

1: How do I feel about the situation
2: How does my dog feel about the situation
3: What I can do to make myself feel better
4: What I can do to make my dog feel better

Mmm. Not completely happy with it, writing this.
Maybe add a fifth card, sort of a lesson/guidance card?

HudsonGray

I've had luck with this one:

1. Tell me something I know
2. Tell me something I don't know
3. Tell me what he needs me to be aware of right now
4. Advice
5. A caution I need to be aware of in all this

The cards can be laid out in any shape, usually I just lay them in a line.

Tallarico

Anja's tarot has a pet's spread. I believe she may be known as Bec here. I am sorry about your doggie.

~link no longer working, removed by moderator~

Woof

Thank you all so much.
I'll try one of these tomorrow when my daughter is in school and I have a little time to look them over, decide which fits the situation best, meditate and work with the cards.
My heart is telling me one thing and my brain is saying something else.
Woof

ladycheryllynne

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, Woof. I too have a dog near that age who's health is failing. I just make her as comfortable as possible and give her extra love. Life begins and life ends, and we know it's coming to the end. It's just a matter of preparing for a positive outlook for when the ending does arrive. Create great memories. I'll bet you already have. :)

And thanks Tallarico for the link. That's a nice site!

mike gorth

HudsonGray said:
I've had luck with this one:

1. Tell me something I know
2. Tell me something I don't know
3. Tell me what he needs me to be aware of right now
4. Advice
5. A caution I need to be aware of in all this

The cards can be laid out in any shape, usually I just lay them in a line.
I really like this one and is my first pet health spread.

I actually wrote it down in a cross just for fun. like the red cross foundation.

but for the different cards importances i wrote it like this:

****3****
1***4***2
****5****

Mike Gorth

huredriel

((((Woof))))

I don't have a spread for you, but wanted to send you hugs. My two cats have both had (and one has permanently now) diseases, and are getting on in age too, though I hate to admit it. So lots of hugs and light being sent to you and Shep.

x Huredriel

cormac

i don't have a spread for you with woof but you have my heart-felt sympathy -- we lost our border collie just last fall and she was the best dog i've ever had -- i know people don't believe it too often but she understood what i said to her ... she got bad hip displasia and arthiritis and then finally kidney failure ... dang i'm going to make myself cry *rolls eyes* -- i hope what folks have posted for your spreads help