faery dust??

a_shikhs

Hey i was really curious about this faery dust powder?? What exactly is this and what is it used for??? really curious.. ;)

a_shikhs

anyone???? Does anyone here make their own faery dust powder???

gregory

I think you need to be a faery to make/use it.

Ed: I stand corrected. You can buy it here, for instance - and there are heaps of other stores listed....

And here is a recipe.

tieduptinkerbell

here is the recipe...i thought it was so lovely...had to print it here to see

Blame It On The Moon

Faery Dust

All the following ingredients should be dried herbs and flower petals and should be ground into a "dust" with your mortar & pestal.
Elderberries and/or Elder flowers, Hawthorn berries, Thyme, Mushroom, Flower Petals, a teaspoon of earth from beneath a Hawthorn (preferably gathered on a full moon) and be sure to leave something behind for the faeries - very important! I usually take a little cup of milk with honey in it and pour it into the ground. A cookie or piece of cake would also be good. You may add some glitter - for sparkle - or leave the dust in it's natural state. This should be made on a night of the full moon.

Sprinkle some as you cast your circle to invoke faery magick.
Sprinkle some in your garden to make it enchanted!
Sprinkle a small bit in your shoes to make you light as a feather!
Sprinkle some around your bedroom to attract the wild man/woman of your dreams.

This recipe was inspired by Gaea.

a_shikhs

thank you gregory and tinkerbell for the faery dust recipe.. I will have to do some good hunting for half of the ingredients though :D... Does anyone here actually use faery dust powder for spells or anything????

gregory

Which ingredients will you have trouble with ? Most are commonplace here in season - give me 9 months and I can send you the lot :D We have all but one in the garden !

a_shikhs

Wooww.. youre lucky...lol... No problem...;) believe it or not but i havent heard of elderberries,hawthorn berries, or thyme.. I doubt if these will be available here...

gregory

a_shikhs said:
Wooww.. youre lucky...lol... No problem...;) believe it or not but i havent heard of elderberries,hawthorn berries, or thyme.. I doubt if these will be available here...
There may be some berries still around if the birds haven't eaten the lot. It's dark just now but I'll have a look in the morning. Thyme can be bought in the supermarket....! I think you can find it in India too !