A Daily spread...

Namaste

I love daily one card and three card spreads, but I wanted to explore a slightly lengthier daily spread, so I made one of my own.

Would you be willing to give it a try and let me know how you found it? If and how it worked for you? Any 'tweaking' suggestions?

Thank you. :)

..........(7)

1. What I can expect today
2. What will be totally unxpected
3. What will fulfill me personally
4. What awaits me financially
5. What awaits me emotionally
6. What awaits me in my occupation/at work

Optional (7. How my health is --- add this card when and if you wish to enquire into the state of your health)

Phoenyx*

I went ahead and did this spread. I used the SC deck.

Page of Cups Rx...6 of Swords Rx...5 of Wands
The Chariot...King of Disks...The Moon...
..........King of Cups Rx.....

1. What I can expect today....does this mean that my car will get fixed? *hopes*
2. What will be totally unexpected...mmmm....maybe I'll be able to talk to my SO tonight, he's very much my King of Disks.
3. What will fulfill me personally....using my instinct, my intuition, my imagination, and stop being so grounded....either that, or stay up all night. ;)
4. What awaits me financially...this card very much reminds me of Arthur and Merlin in Once and Future King, where Merlin turns him into different animals to get a feel for other beings. Instead of looking to other people for advice, perhaps I should be looking towards myself for advice on money.
5. What awaits me emotionally...yeah, I've been in emotional upheaval since my mother's husband returned into our lives....and I don't like the upheaval either.
6. What awaits me in my occupation/at work...since this is my week off, I'm taking this week to ground myself, to center myself and get back to what I want, instead of what everyone else wants.
7. How my health is....this is where it seemed more like *advice* about your health, no exactly the way it is. This card seems to tell me that I should eat more fruits and vegetables and drink more water.

Namaste

Thanks for trying the spread, Triquetra!

Did you find the spread and its results helpful to you? If so, in what way? Are there any of the questions you would change? Any questions you would add?

SC = Sacred Circle??

Do let me (and whoever may join us here) know what transpires from the reading (i.e. your car), Ok? :)

Phoenyx*

Yeah SC = sacred circle. As for my car....*sighs* I'm not getting it till tomorrow at least. But I did get news on it as soon as I finished the spread. I won't be able to say about my SO until later.

Edit to say: Yes, I got to talk to my SO today! I'm so happy. It was definitely unexpected since his Net connection was supposed to be cut yesterday.

Namaste

Triquetra said:
Edit to say: Yes, I got to talk to my SO today! I'm so happy. It was definitely unexpected since his Net connection was supposed to be cut yesterday.

I am so glad the 'Unexpected' position worked for you, Triquetra! :)

Ani

This spread is awesome, great to start off the day. It has worked out quite accurately, thanks a bunch. I was waiting for my unexpected financial dissapointment and there it was, I received an unexpected bill in the mail, I couldn't figure out what kind of financial disapointment could possibly happen today since I didn't plan on anything to do with money today. This is a great spread to keep up my practice and see the results, and keep me on track. I modified it a bit by laying it out in a clockwise circle since I like circles. Perhaps the seventh card could be your overall physical wellbeing for the day? thanks again.

Namaste

Ani said:
This spread is awesome, great to start off the day. It has worked out quite accurately, thanks a bunch. This is a great spread to keep up my practice and see the results, and keep me on track. I modified it a bit by laying it out in a clockwise circle since I like circles. Perhaps the seventh card could be your overall physical wellbeing for the day? thanks again.

Thank you so much, Ani. :) I am really happy it is working for you. Your suggestion is very much appreciated and I will definitely modify the spread to accommodate that change in the 7th position.

Lorien

sounds cool! another spread i was looking for, thanks.

Ani

Okay, I've been using this spread every morning since you first posted it, and I altered it into a circle with the seventh basically meaning physical wellbeing for the day but I had to add another card because the 7 card circle just didn't seem complete. What I did was use the eighth card for a spiritual message for the day which seems to be working pretty good, this position may take some meditation or analysing to get but I usually seek a spiritual message of the day anyway so it only seems natural to add this in. So now the shape is more like a diamond. So much for a simple daily spread, eh. Just something else to try if you are interested.

Namaste

Ani said:
Okay, I've been using this spread every morning since you first posted it, and I altered it into a circle with the seventh basically meaning physical wellbeing for the day but I had to add another card because the 7 card circle just didn't seem complete. What I did was use the eighth card for a spiritual message for the day which seems to be working pretty good, this position may take some meditation or analysing to get but I usually seek a spiritual message of the day anyway so it only seems natural to add this in. So now the shape is more like a diamond. So much for a simple daily spread, eh. Just something else to try if you are interested.

Thanks, Ani! What a great idea. :)