Movement in relationship spread

Sophie

I love 3s and multiples of 3s (I was born on the 3rd day of the 3rd month)-
There is something about three that suggests movement, becoming, gestation, development - think of all the 3s in the suits cards, and the Empress! Not a fast movement (à la 8 wands) or a reckless one (à la Fool), just - Life in movement, planets turning, a child growing in the womb, a poem or a love flowering.

Most of my spreads are multiple of three spreads, which I find useful for everything, but particularly for relationship spreads. 3 is a good metaphor for a relationship between two people - the I, the You, the Us. I struggle with relationships and relationship spreads, so I am trying to learn to open up to both.

Here is one I have tried out recently which I am still working through, but seemed interesting. It's a nine card spread.

It's meant to be a circle;-)

******9******
***1*****2
**3*******4
***5*****6****
*****7*8******

1 and 2 are subject cards; 3-8 are movements within the relationship, bearing in mind that human relationships are dynamic, not static. 9 is bringing together, transformation and outcome.

1 and 2 are where the other and the querent are in their lives are present (overall, not necessarily within the relationship)
3 and 4 are how the relationship started for the other and the querent
5 and 6 are how it developed for the other and the querent
7 and 8 are where it is moving now for the other and the querent

9 brings together all the other cards - what exists BETWEEN the other and the querent; what is the essence underlying the relationship; how the relationship, as a discreet entity, is transforming; as well as an outcome. It joins together (and therefore should be read as arising out of) the two subject cards, and all the movements of the relationship.

Let me know how this works for you, or what you think of it, suggestions for improvement, etc.

DarkElectric

Wow, Helvetica, this looks like a great spread!
I'll try it out today, my so called relationship is really in need of analysis here, because heaven knows, the other party involved doesn't want to talk about it. And now that some crucial explanations need be made, he will want to discuss it even less, I'm sure.
Thanks for coming up with this one :)

Sophie

DarkElectric said:
Wow, Helvetica, this looks like a great spread!
I'll try it out today, my so called relationship is really in need of analysis here, because heaven knows, the other party involved doesn't want to talk about it. And now that some crucial explanations need be made, he will want to discuss it even less, I'm sure.
Thanks for coming up with this one :)

oooh! do let me know how it works out! You see, I devised this spread because I am the one not wanting to "talk about it" at the moment, though G-d knows I like the guy. But I am afraid of rejection (generally, not necessarily only here), aware of that and trying to work on it. You might be interested to know that for my third movement card (the one concerning how the relationship was moving for me at the moment) I got the 4 swords. Rest, regrouping, thinking things through. And the card just before (for me), was the 5 pentacles, one meaning of which is rejection, or fear of rejection, (the thing and the fear of the thing can have much the same effect, psychologically). That so exactly matches what I have been through and where I am, that I laughed!

We don't always understand our own paths and motivations, let alone others'. There might be very legitimate reasons why your man does not want to discuss things; or he might be stuck. For me, also, the "where I/the other is now in life is useful card, for it shows the person in the round. We don't live only within our relationships, and other things will influence us. He might not be talking because he's having a stressful time at work and can't take anything else on board!

Anyway, please let me know. I have never posted a spread before, although I have devised a few (indeed I devise a lot, often on the spur of the moment). But this one intuitively looked like it had something to say that was more open and rounded (hence the circle ;-)) than the usual: he feels/she feels relationship spread, altough it's nowhere near as sophisticated and deep as some of the relationship spreads I've seen on this forum.

brenmck

Helvetica said:
We don't always understand our own paths and motivations, let alone others'. There might be very legitimate reasons why your man does not want to discuss things; or he might be stuck. For me, also, the "where I/the other is now in life is useful card, for it shows the person in the round. We don't live only within our relationships, and other things will influence us.

I have never posted a spread before....but this one intuitively looked like it had something to say that was more open and rounded (hence the circle ;-)) than the usual: he feels/she feels relationship spread, altough it's nowhere near as sophisticated and deep as some of the relationship spreads I've seen on this forum.

I've PMed Helvetica and thanked her for offering this spread. I found it while researching spreads I could use for an Ananda Tarot trial run. The request was from an experienced reader, and her relationship is not new but heading for serious committment. This was the perfect spread - it did indeed offer more than the usual about the "other half" of the circle. She was very pleased with the reading, and her SO as well, as several things for him were right on target. It may well not be "as sophisticated and deep" as other spreads, but it certainly went deep and thorough here, accomplishing more than I had even hoped for.

~B~

brenmck

What do we call this?

I was so intrigued with this spread that I didn't bother to scroll down and see who responded to it before me until just a minute ago. Turns out it was DarkElectric, who replied to it just over one year ago.
She is the person I just did the reading for. No wonder it worked so well.
I don't think she remembers her reply, or I'm sure she would have mentioned it. Anyway, this past year has apparently gone a lot better for her. :)

~B~

RockeraMargi

Incredible Spread

Hello,

I tried this spread today. I was perplexed and I didn't want to do the 7 card I usually do when I want to take action or the 10 cards where I want to see the overall situation.

This relationship spread is very creative, very well organized, and my reading came out very exact. I absolutely love this spread and I will continue using it for like situations when they arise for my clients.

Thank you and kudos!!

Margarita :)

Charmy

Hi Fudugazi,

First of all thanks for sharing this spread. I just tried it on my own relationship and found it to be extremely accurate. It flows very nicely and revealed some very interesting things :)

Thanks again. Wonderful spread!

Charmy.

Sophie

Oh, thank you! It's a while since I'd used that spread myself, actually - and so I tried it just now for myself, and it's given me some very insightful answers!

I'm glad it works for other people too :)

intellem0s

i did the spread and posted it in the "your readings" section.

worked well imo :]

Pao

you KNOW I'm gona try this right!?!?! :D awesome spread!