Three-Card Daily Reading

Nitegoddess

I like to use this Three-card Daily Reading. It help assess three areas of your lives. The Physical, Mental, and Spiritual.
I feel I get greater clarity .

Card 1: Where am I physically?
Card 2: Where am I mentally?
Card 3: Where am I spiritually?

I found this spread in Tarot Companion by Tracy Porter
ISBN 1-56718-574-6

Good Luck and Enjoy..
;D

Aure

That's good, thanks! I've just used the three-card spread with the usual past-present-future but that is a better idea!

Nitegoddess

I am glad you like it Aure, I personally like this one better than you standard run of the mill past, present, future. Those of use who study are beyond that I believe. I like to know where I am spiritually each day.

miss_apples

This is much better for a daily spread than the past, present, future is. Although I tried this formation today and I felt like it insulted me! lol!

BlueLotus

Along the same line, in her book Spiral Tarot Kay Steventon teaches the three card spread which she says is useful for both beginners and more experienced readers.

Cards 1,2, and 3 can be read as past, present and future
or self, relationship and other, or:

Card 1 What kind of situation is manifest now
Card 2 What influences the situation
Card 3 How the situation may develop.

So, one may use just 3 cards a day depending on the question and the need at the time.

Nitegoddess

Feebie, that sounds like a good one too. I will do that one tomorrow.
Miss Apples I am sorry that you felt that way!

BlueLotus

Three Card Spreads -- try these

While browsing the net for spreads I came across many, but for a three card spread, which is my favorite, and a favorite of many on this forum, I find the following ones quite a refreshing variety.

I am not sure these spreads were addressed on this form, but I will put them here anyway.
In fact I had already tried a couple of them myself, and I am thrilled with the results
Three cards may be laid down vertically, horizontally, or in a triangle ( one up, two down, or vice versa )

Here goes:

Past, present, future

Body, mind, spirit

Subconscious, conscious, superconscious

Child, parent, adult

Maya ( Illusion ), knowledge, magic

Thesis, antithesis, synthesis

Commencement, opposition, best course of action

An idea or plan, criticism, action

Hope, fear, opportunity

Waxing, full, waning.

I don't know about you, but I know I am going to be busy playing.

Ani

I think it is important to look at your Body Mind and Spirit everyday, thanks. I have used the past present future but when you are reading yourself on a daily basis this gets dull fast. Thanks again, I'm sure I will use this quite regularly.

eastarot

Thanks for the spread:)

I also do this 3 card spread sometimes for an idea of my day.

Card 1 - Morning
Card 2 - Afternoon
Card 3 - Evening

You might like to try it:)

Nitegoddess

That is a good one Eastarot..
And thank you Feebie.. Those will definitely give us different prospectives. :)