View Single Post
Citizen

dadsnook2000 
Citizen

For Bluecat

I looked at your card the other day and found the graphics quite striking. I have also read this thread and was (I don't know which word to use) intrigued or ...

The lower figure has an object showing behind his head which reminds me of the flat panel shown as a seat-back behind the Waite-Smith Kings and Queens. If looked at this way, the contrast behind the upright and the reversed figure becomes stronger. Both figures show more of their cape/robe swirling off to their right side suggesting that the flow of logic or mental perception is more "conscious" or directed by attitudes. I also think the colors play a role to provide a contrast between the two rather than that the colors themselves are the only important factor.

My impression is that the upright figure's attitudes are more dangerous to self while the lower figure is perhaps more constrained, recognizing the value of swords but not letting the sword's potential become the focus of one's thoughts.

Although the use of any card at any step is not necessarily seen as "how to use the card in a reading" (this step is overtly "storytelling" and "self-releasing" in its intent), my experience with all of the other steps at the Apprentice level has conditioned me to thinking about the many ways the card may be presented and perceived in a reading. The Five of Swords is one card that can often be problematic to the person for whom the reading is given to.

I often play a little game in which I consider the card when placed in:
** The past as a foundation or influence on this now moment.
** The present situation and how the card represents our approach to life.
** A resource or block to moving forward.
** A goal for the future we wish to reach.

In any case, your story was riveting -- I think that might be the word I was looking for -- and powerful in its impact. The disturbing nature of the story is not so important as is the feelings themselves that are or can be invoked. Those emotions are a powerful part of storytelling -- to ourselves and to others. I do think you will get much out of these 21 steps. Dave
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #50